Toddler match?

Early next year I’d like to gift a grieving mom with a memorial toddler. I need kit match suggestions, please.

4 Likes

These are all toddler sized.

1 Like

Thank you. Those all look good. I’m thinking Jette. What do you think?

I see Cammi by Ping Lau :heart:

3 Likes

What a kind gesture. Does she know you’re going to do this? It can upset some people if they don’t know it’s coming.

I know her pretty well. It’s a sad story. Her daughter was a school friend of my grandson. A psychopath shot her and her friend as they were walking home from middle school. The friend survived, but she did not. Anyway, the mom has done a lot of grief work for the community and has even gotten some state legislation passed. I will talk to her, but I know she will be happy. It’s been about 4 years since it happened.

2 Likes

OMG! I can’t even imagine going through this. I think Jette or Cammi might work. Cammi’s pretty versatile but Jette has a similar expression. You can sand out the dimples or fill them with 3-D medium and then sand them smooth.

1 Like

I think I’m going with Cammi. I think the trick will be to get the brows and hair right. I’ve been thinking of doing this for a long time. I probably won’t be able to stop thinking about it until I just do it. There was a big trial here and the POS is in jail for life. If you care to read about it, you can Google Lauren Landavazo. Her mom will be sad forever. I understand. I lost my granddaughter to SIDS. It’s a club no one wants to be a member of. :frowning:

My brother was murdered almost 15 years ago and you never forget the pain of the tragic loss but it does get duller over the years. Bless you for wanting to give her a memory doll.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. I just hope for it to give her a small bit of comfort, you know?

1 Like

My vote is Cammi!

2 Likes

That is heartbreaking. I think what you are doing is such a kind gesture. I, too, vouch for the Cammi sculpt. That or Jette. But I think Cammi is closer in match and has a softer look.

2 Likes

Thank you. I went ahead and ordered Cammi. Even though I’m not going to paint her until after New Year, I was afraid she would be sold out when I was ready. Wish me luck on making her realistically similar. :wink:

3 Likes

I wish you luck! :wink: I know you can do it!

Thank you. I’m kind of obsessed. Already on the hunt for just the right shade of blue eyes. Lol

1 Like

Take a look at the Ultra eyes on eyecoltd.com. BB has some nice ones too. Are her eyes blue or green? It’s hard to tell. KarmanDolls on Etsy has hair that color (cinnamon).

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll look. They are the kind that sort of change with what she was wearing. Bright blue, aqua or kinda green or blue gray. Not much other color in them like brown or yellow. She had very striking eyes. First thing you noticed about her. Beautiful young woman:(

1 Like