Tobiah- eye advice

I am almost done rooting my Tobiah and unhappy with him… I fought with the fitting of his glass eyes and glued them with E2000. All I see is that they are not perfect but that is the only way I could get these eyes to fit… There is an orange ring around the pupil to match his ginger hair at least. I was hoping the color would help with his staring-look. Should I take them out and buy Eyeco eyes to fit better?? And can I even remove them now they are glued in?? So disappointed…

7 Likes

I think they look good! Much better than some of the other Tobiahs eyes that I’ve seen…

1 Like

And beautiful hair by the way! He’s adorable!

1 Like

You can look at recent conversation between @RebornsbyZebra and @Katinafleming on Tobiah’s eyes as April had a problem with them also. They both highly recommended Eyeco yes.

1 Like

Eyeco eyes fit perfectly. He’s my Tobiah with 22mm chuck hazel. I think @RebornsbyZebra used the same color in hers.

5 Likes

Should I change mine out or do they look alright? I would have to order some. I only have 20mm in Eyeco right now.

Thank you!!

They look good to me. :blush:

1 Like

I love the current ones you have in, they are even, great work!!

1 Like

Yes, I did and they do fit perfectly…I tried just about every other eye I had (mainly glass).

5 Likes

Such cute!

So adorable, but I can see 1 eye looks larger than the other. But still adorable!!

1 Like

They look good, one eye socket is larger than the other and it makes it hard to get the same ‘look’ in both eyes. I hate the eye sockets to be different.

1 Like

The eye sockets look more ‘even’ on this baby.

1 Like

I didn’t notice the sockets being different sizes. I took the eyes in and out several times and never had a problem. I purposely switched the eyes over and over. My grandson has hazel eyes, but one is lighter than the other. That doll was the same way but mirror image. The eyes looked the same color outside the doll. But ever time I put them in, one was lighter. It didn’t matter what way I put them in or how I directed the eyes… They just kept looking like Achilles’ eyes. :flushed:

I was referring to Danidolly’s picture. The eye on the right (as you’re looking at the face) socket is smaller, it doesn’t have the same height to it. The eyes on YOUR baby have sockets that look pretty symmetrical. It’s like Saskia’s eyes, the first kits that came out were much more even, the next one’s were really noticeably different. I guess I really see the differences easily cause it bugs me so much! I know in real life most peoples eyes are not all that even but on a doll when the eyes never move it’s more noticeable, at least to me it is. Your baby’s eyes look awesome.

1 Like

Yes —the sculpted eyes are definitely different sizes!! I am sure that is part of the reason I fought with him -now her- so much. I have finished her. I will take some pictures now she has lashes and hair. Not as noticeable when you look at the baby as a whole!

1 Like

Is Tobiah a portrait doll for Achilles? Maybe that is why his eyes change !!

1 Like

YES!! Saskia was the exact same!!!

Tobiah should have been a portrait doll for Achilles. The kit looks so much like him. But there are sooo many kits that look like him, I’ve decided he’s just a living doll baby. And since there are so many, I see no need in keeping any that look like him. But I’m tempted to get another Tobiah kit to make into an Achilles doll.

2 Likes