Timothy Hergarten

Thinking of buying his kit. If you have painted him, could you share yours? I’d like to see others versions of him. :blush:

1 Like

I can’t find pictures of mine. Maybe I erased them. :sweat_smile: All I can tell you is that he took forever to sell. Same with a couple of my friends. If you don’t mind that and just feel like painting him, then go for it. :blush:

3 Likes

Sold in less than an hour

8 Likes

8 Likes

Did he sell on Instagram?

1 Like

I’m shocked by this. I think he’s adorable.

2 Likes

I’m shocked, too. Wow. He is so cute. All of you ladies’ versions are pretty! I love his mouth. He seems nicely newborn looking.

2 Likes

I am the odd one out. I dislike him as a normal baby. But see potential as an alternative. He gives me Ninja turtle vibes

5 Likes

Also I think his right arm is turned odd and he has a longer neck if I remember right? I’d have to go look at blank kits pics…

3 Likes

That’s interesting. A long neck and an weird arm. I’ll see if I can find pics of the blank kit before making a decision to buy him. Is she a newer sculptor?

1 Like

She has 5 kits and a wip on Macs

1 Like

Yeah, his right arm turns out a little. I’ve seen babies do that with their arm but it may not look quite right on a doll.

1 Like

Here is a few of @DollyPardon 's wip and a done one she shared with me a while back. Not sure where your other photos went V.
lol

Do you remember his arm and neck @DollyPardon ? Hope you dont mind me sharing your pics… just let me know and I can remove them.

4 Likes

Nope. He ended up selling to a friend of mine here who was hoping to impress his girlfriend. :sweat_smile: I took new pics, lowered thd price 2 or 3 times. I can’t remember ever having this many problems selling a doll.

Someone said he looked like an alien. I now see ET and can’t unsee it. :rofl: The only other thing to be aware of is the lack of limb detail. You have to work hard to create some with shading.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info, @jlesser and @DollyPardon. I guess I’ll pass on him for now. If he goes way down in price maybe I’ll get him. He’s still at $120 at Mac’s.

2 Likes

Hergarten sculpts such cute faces! I have Kovu and Mayla that I’ll paint one of these days. So precious!

2 Likes

I have Timothy and fell in love with his pouty face. I can’t wait to paint him.

1 Like

He’s really cute and I have always been tempted to buy the kit but just never went for it

1 Like

Aww. He is one of my favorite little faces. My son was born double jointed and would do really weird poses. My dad thought the gynecologist broke his shoulder when he was born. It was just how Bean was moving.

1 Like

Does he have hypermobile joints or been diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome?