Thoughts on the changes on reborns

I am planning to do that, however I know nothing about using IG.

4 Likes

I don’t know how to navigate it either but I have had an account for a while, lol.

3 Likes

That seems very time consuming… I work a lot and I would much rather spend my off time making the dolls not spending time on social media. I just have no time for that.
I prefer the set it and forget it method. Even if it takes longer! My time alone is worth the 20 a month. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

I am with you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Uggg so that is why I couldn’t renew my silver membership

3 Likes

I made the decision to leave Reborns yesterday before all this happened. I left for other reasons and will never go back. But I’ve been watching stats for a while. When he had the 3 tier plan, I had gold and my dolls usually sold within a day or two. Then he got rid of bronze. My dolls’ exposure dropped immediately. I just looked at my history of sales. My last direct sell though Reborns was 110 days ago. My others sold through Facebook and one through Etsy, and some directly through email as repeat customers. On Facebook I usually give them the link to my Reborns listing. Some buy directly from there (after I lead them directly to the listing) others ask for an invoice. So, with the gold plan, I had to do the work to direct people to my listings. Now I’m on the free plan. Today I directed a Facebook customer to my Reborns link for Maddie. She was able to purchase directly from there. So I got the exact same results for free. So…free works best for me anyway. :woman_shrugging:t2:

13 Likes

Well 20 a month Is to much for me.

4 Likes

I don’t sell on reborns… yet but was planning on starting Jan 2020. To date I’ve sold on FB and locally, with FB it’s mostly time wasters or those who want to price haggle, I have met a few awesome customers there tho.
$20 a month is alot to me personally especially since it’s not a guarantee to sell, I just browse and have noticed I can see one baby on the front page then go look an hour later and it’s gone. Found a baby a min ago I wanted to check out again for the kit and can’t find it anywhere even when I search the name.
I’ve also noticed that when searching for the kit name, it doesn’t show them all even if the kit name is listed. Since I’m not a paid member (I have the free nursery set up but nothing shown there) I don’t have anything to compare, but from reading all the comments above…it doesn’t sound like good changes especially for those who sell at higher price points. Looking at most of the babies who have sold, they’ve been either on the cheaper end or highly sought after kits. Just my two cents tho

5 Likes

That’s deceitful to cut the silver members to half their time left. They didn’t agree to that. If their contract was for 20 more days, How can he cut it to 10? They didn’t ask for an “upgrade” to gold. …suppose I paid my satellite bill. Then Directv decided to upgrade my account to give me showtime and HBO. Then they said okay, now your bill will be due again in 15 days instead of 30…I’d be pissed. :woman_facepalming:t2:

14 Likes

Yes to this! Now instead of me making it through Christmas with my membership, he cut it in half. Forcing me to pay $20 if I want to stay in the game for the Christmas sales. A heads up on these changes would have been nice.

Edited: for me being bumped to a “gold” member now, I just went through 11 pages of the just born dolls and did not find mine listed. I dont see the benefit of this. Maybe someone can enlighten me on how this will help because from the looks of it, paying for just the monthly gold membership isn’t going to do the trick. I’m going to need to pay $1 a day per doll to be showcased so I can be seen.

7 Likes

I was not minding the changes, being a gold member, but after seeing this, I am sure a lot of people are going to be upset, with reason. I am indifferent. 5/6 of my last sales have been outside of Reborns. I will stick it out for maybe another month, to see if the changes have any positive benefits, but if I dropped completely I think I would do fine. I could take or leave Reborns right now. Earlier this year, it was working great for me. Recently, with all the scam business going on, I think that Reborns confuses people as they try to do research. They are told to not buy from websites and I think it is deterring business.

7 Likes

When you put it that way :grimacing: yikes-I can see where it is hurtful.

3 Likes

Yes! This part I am not happy about. I paid for a month and I should receive a month. I didn’t ask for an upgrade.

8 Likes

I don’t see how this can do anything other than hurt gold members too. If everyone is at the gold level now, there’s no advantage over the silver level. The only way to get a “leg up” will be to pay for the sponsored spots or whatever they’re called. And the free level benefits no one except reborns website. If I understand the free level correctly, our babies won’t show up in any search results. The only way people can get to them is if WE provide them a direct link. In other words we’d be providing free advertising to reborns. com and increasing their traffic through our own websites or social media accounts.

13 Likes

Exactly! And who will benefit from that?
I think it’s better to create your own nursery with one of those free web sites is we want to showcase our babies somewhere as a samples of our work.

6 Likes

Gold level is the only level there is, now. Silver has just been eliminated. So, basically, everyone gets exactly the same level of exposure unless they want to pay extra for showcasing. I hate social media and eBay so I’m not sure what I’m going to do. For now, I’ll wait and see how it goes.

3 Likes

Unless I misread it, I don’t think the showcasing is $1 per day, but $1 per listing.

3 Likes

$1 per doll listing for 24 hours

4 Likes

I agree. The silver membership should run the full time it was paid for and then be renewed as gold if desired. You don’t sell someone something and then take half of it back!

11 Likes

I’m curious, has he stated a reason for doing this or just because he wanted to? I’d like an explanation as to what the intended purpose of this change was.

3 Likes