Things sure have changed

When I used these bottles, the bottles tool lil plastic bags that you had to fold the bag over the out side of the bottle. Now the bags are more steadier n have a rim to sit on the rim of the bottle.

13 Likes

Yep, they’ve been like that for a long time now!!

1 Like

I remember those bottles with the little plastic bags; both my sons used them back in the 80’s. Times sure HAVE changed! Back then they were the latest, coolest thing…LOL

3 Likes

I never used one, I nursed both of mine. I don’t think I could make a bottle if my life depended on it. Lol.

3 Likes

Yes I remember these well spilled many in the middle of the night because I was to tired or lazy to make them in advance lol

2 Likes

I nursed my first one for 5 months. So your babies never had a bottle? I liked these back in the day cause you just threw the Baggie away n replace with another one. You still have to wash the nipple n ring.

1 Like

Yep, I used the fold-over bags with my boys back in the '80’s, too.

1 Like

No neither one of mine did. They nursed for 14 months then weened themselves. When they were old enough for juice they went straight to sippy cups.

3 Likes

I used the fold over one even in 2002. I nursed my kids but had to pump also.I used them to freeze my milk. My son was in the Neonatal Intensive Care for the first few days and tube fed for a while in there.

2 Likes

You did good only breast feeding, no bottles for 14 months.

2 Likes

When my (now 17 year old) son was born in 1998, they still had the fold-over bags, but the ones in the picture were just coming out.

I HATED the “new” ones because if he tossed his bottle and it hit the floor, the bag would somehow come loose and the milk would unstantly POUR out, all over the place.

I’m sure they’ve gotten better with time or else no one would buy them, but they were awful at the begining!

2 Likes

I used these for my last two daughters but, switched to the Playtex Vent-Air without the bags for my baby Sophia because $7/box of bags sure adds up quick! I don’t think the price was quite that inflated when my 2nd was a baby :smirk:

I’ll have to try one out to see how it holds up.

2 Likes