They both have new mommies now! YAY!

I am so frustrated! I have sold every baby I have made (with the intention of selling). Some took longer to sell but they’ve all sold. But I just can’t seem to sell these Thomas twins by Jody Slater. I’ve sold my own work for as much or more than these and she is a better artist than I am. What is up with this? They are listed on several forums, eBay, FB, reborns…
So far one lady wanted to trade for kits of equal value but backed out because the detailing was too intense for her personal taste. :disappointed: One lady on FB wanting to trade for a blank realborn Kimberly kit saying it was equal value :scream:…did she really believe that or think I was a dummy? A few wanting me to hold them for a month and then take payments. :astonished:
So tell me honestly, why can’t I sell or trade these beautiful babies? (yea these are different pics. I took some new ones yesterday for ebay. )

12 Likes

They are very cute but the forehead veining is a bit too much for my tastes. (at least on this monitor)

2 Likes

Yes. I have them separate and together. Maybe I should try just one at a time. :smirk:

2 Likes

On my monitor the right hand looks very bright deep pink. Do you use the Pastels? I do not mind the veins, they are very natural looking.

2 Likes

Reborn twins Micaela and Beau by Jody Slater ? is this the ones? If so,just a suggestion but you may want to add into your title that they are from the realborn Thomas kits.A lot of people don’t recognize that and don’t even go into the listing to read the full listing.I find on Ebay that the more I can cram into my title,the better the chance of people actually reading the entire listing.

6 Likes

I don’t think anything is wrong with them but people are just starting Christmas shopping so… Maybe you’ll get some bait there.

2 Likes

I have no idea… they are beautiful . All that I can think of is that they may be pricey together, so there might be a better chance of selling them separately.

1 Like

Not sure. I think they are beautiful. That being said Christmas is coming! I bet they will sell then!!

2 Likes

Micaela will be going to a friend of mine. :grinning: I just got a message from her this morning Saying she wants her.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks. Micaela is going to a friend so we will see how Beau does on his own.

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes that is them. Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn’t thought of that.

@ludmila, these babies were painted by Jody Slater. I am not sure if she uses pastels or not.

The veining is intense but it does blend in nicely.

1 Like

Only a few things I can think of. Maybe try to sell one at a time even at $275 each $550 for both may be more then most people can come up with. The fact that they have no hair is a put off for me personally. The veining is a little bold! I like how they are done and if placed on the body like that or top of the head I would be fine with it but I don’t like them that bold when it comes down on the face. I know most babies do have it though. I am not fond of most details that make them look real Stork bites, birthmarks, the milk bumps all the type of thing I prefer to be left off of my babies.

2 Likes

I love their skin tones! Finding a buyer is a matter of finding that one person that falls in love with your baby. I recently sold 3 babies that were all about to celebrate their first birthday. Stay firm with your price; they’ll sell.

2 Likes

Sorry, I think they are perfect❤️

2 Likes

Thank you, Amy. I will not lower the price even if Beau has to just stay with me forever. :wink:

1 Like

I know a lot of people don’t care for baddies but I love Thomas with a bald head.

1 Like