Stripping

Need help on how to strip please.

What type of paints do you need to strip?

1 Like

I am not wearing my glasses so I thought you wrote “strip tease” I had to do a double take, in a flash I thought, “Well times are hard, a girl has to do what a girl has to do”

Glad it is just paint. Can’t help you with that, I have only tried it once with acetone and it was no fun.

6 Likes

I use acetone free nail polish remover and cotton wool pads. I also use tooth picks to remove the paint from the harder places once they have been soaked with the nail polish. It is very important to get acetone free nail polish remover as acetone can damage the vinyl.

1 Like

Windsor and Newton brush cleaner works great on genesis heat set paints

5 Likes

Now me stripping would be scary lol

1 Like

Ok thanks Bethany

1 Like

Ive stripped several kits with acetone, no problems. Id much rather get it done quickly and cheaply with acetone than using something not as efficient that costs far more…but thats just me :wink:

2 Likes

I use the acetone free nail polish remover. It works very well. A small brush or q tips is great for getting the paint out of the creases :blush:

2 Likes

Acetone can leave a kit shiny so wash it well and prime before painting if going that route. Windsor and Newton works well for me

4 Likes

Any acetone not washed off will eat into the vinyl. Watch between the fingers and toes.

1 Like

Acetone evaporates just like alcohol so I don’t see how it could eat into the vinyl but it is good to wash it off anyway. The fumes are not great for your lungs so make sure you either wear a mask or sit next to an open window…better yet, do it outdoors.

This is a torso that I painted very badly when I first painted lol

I have only ever stripped with Windsor and newton brush cleaner. It worked well.

1 Like

I will be looking for some. Thanks😀

1 Like

Windsor and Newton doesn’t have the noxious fumes that acetone may have. It’s worked well to remove paint for me.

2 Likes

Ok good!

1 Like

Windsor & Newton works great! You can get it at Michael’s.

2 Likes

Thanks good to know!