Still my favorite

I love 95% of BB vinyl. I love the paleness of it, it is soft (wish it was softer) a lot softer than German vinyl. I hear you about fingers and toes (especially toes). Some part of me thinks it absorbs some kind of lubricant or it heats up hotter (because it is the smallest area) and the paint doesn’t adhere as well because it doesn’t absorb and pigment. I am not sure but most of the time it isn’t a problem but I am with you it drives me crazy when they go shiny and won’t take paint.

2 Likes

I hear ya.

I love the creasing but it is too deep and exaggerated on several limbs. I don’t mind the hand and foot creases, you don’t have to even acknowledge them when you paint and the baby turns out great.

Elisa Marx kits are my absolute favorite because her babies have so much character in their little faces. I adore almost every one of them. I like some of the realborn kits but a lot of them look the same to me; which makes sense because many of them are of family. I still like some of the older regular bb sculpts. But I have always said and always will that my favorite sculpt of all time is Estelle Wosjuk. I love that one.

2 Likes

I agree. And I absolutely respect the sculptor s. That is talent.

1 Like

You don’t? I never thought of not doing all of them. This is a game changer. Will make my life easier.

1 Like

I think shading all the fine creases is enough. It’s just my opinion though. It seems you should be getting enough depth with the larger ones.

3 Likes

I don’t shade every single crease either…I just pay attention with washes bc sometimes paint will pool in them…so you need to not let it sit in there and bake.

Sometimes I think if you shade every single crease…it looks unnatural…I mean…look at a real baby…yes they have creases…but they aren’t obviously pink/red!!!

4 Likes

Yes I have that same problem

1 Like

Where do u find her babies . I’m a novice to the reborn world only been doing it for about 15 months.

@Londa123, macphersons and irresistibles sells Marx kits. Also I’ve gotten some from members here and on eBay.

1 Like

Just google there are a couple places that sell them as well as her website but if you google you might catch an artist destashing and get a kit for a little less.

1 Like

Gabriell are u doing anymore you tube videos? If u are I have been missing them.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Has anyone done this little beauty? She is Definitely on my wish list .

I am. I have slacked because I had to have emergency surgery last Friday, kinda gross and scary but everything fell into place perfectly and I am healing up. I am taking some time to work on odds and ends, gonna throw together a little catch up video next week. I have a few projects I want to share.

Thanks

1 Like

Ok good I will be looking forward to it

I’ve purchased Eliza Marx kits from this seller on eBay. I’ve been told this seller is a family member of hers. Sometimes his prices are a little lower.

https://www.ebay.com/str/RRS-Books-YourRebornDolls/Reborn-Doll-Kits/_i.html?_storecat=856274012

1 Like