Stick a fork in me

I’m done. Ugh I’ve lost a CoCo and a serenity from eBay scammers.I’m glad I didn’t pay before they scammed me. I just wish people wouldn’t say they agree to sell or trade and then back out. Ugh

What happened?

2 Likes

I sent out 4 kits -2 Aisha’s , 1 Megan ,and Asher to trade for coco. We exchanged tracking info. Yesterday the box came and it was full of newspaper. I tried contacting her … And all her stuff is bogus. The address I sent my kits too says it was delievered and they signed for it. But when I called the number she gave me it says it’s been disconnected. I’m truly heart broken. I can’t believe I fell for it. I agreed to buy serenity today and the persons eBay account is closed. I think I’m just going back to lurking. :frowning:

1 Like

My heart goes out to you. I would only trade with someone I know. How did you get connected with this person?

2 Likes

On deviant art
Never again will I trade unless I truly know them

1 Like

What amazes me is how crappy someone can be to pay postage to send a box of newspaper. CoCo was going to be a custom but I had such a hard time finding an affordable one that my customer changed her mind and I offered her Anastasia. I was going to keep coco for myself because I fell in love with her during my search. Just sad. Lesson learned.

1 Like

Oh so sad for you! I can’t believe anyone could live with themselves after dong that to someone. How do they think of thiese scams and somehow justify what they have done to someone else. Hugs to you.

1 Like

Yes and my hubby said that they scammed me like that because they can say they sent it and I can’t prove the kit wasn’t in there :frowning:

1 Like

I usually buy direct from dealers or artists. Occasionally I’ll buy from other artists. I’ve never encountered the scams but recently it’s crazy. All I can say is ladies please be careful.

Oh no! I’m so sorry this happened to you :frowning: Stuff like this makes me sick.

They should not be allowed to get away with this. :imp:

4 Likes

We all trade with each other on this site… I would not trade with anyone not in our forum. I have bought and traded almost EVERYTHING I have from here. And it’s always been nothing but a PERFECT EXPERIANCE. I am so sorry this has happened to you:-(

3 Likes

All I could do was cry. Heck I still am. It’s just a sad world. But I’ll never trade again that’s for sure. My hubby’s ready to drive to Texas. He said let’s go get your babies back from that evil witch. Lol

4 Likes

Can you provide member ID info, please?

1 Like

Definitely but I’m contacting the post office and the police Tuesday first and then I’ll PM you. I want to see if I can do anything legally.

2 Likes

It was a deviantart member

1 Like

Thank you ladies for being there. I’m very grateful. Hubby’s taking me to dinner to cheer me up going to drown my sorrows in pasta. Hugs

4 Likes

Any way to prove that the box with th newspaper did not weigh correctly? Or maybe she stuffed so much newspaper in it that it could be the same weight as if there were a kit in the box? I know kits are light but coco is a full bodied kit. Im so sorry this happened to you. I would definitely contact the police and give them the name and address you sent the box to, or call the police in her town. Not sure if they would do anything though. I hope you blast her name everywhere, the diviantart forum and fb and here, every possible place you can.

2 Likes

that’s one of the most low down things I’ve ever heard. Wow. I’m so sorry for you!

2 Likes

I’m such a trusting person that I just assume everyone else is. I can honestly say that every transaction I’ve done with anyone on this forum has gone perfectly. I just don’t understand how people can put time and energy into ripping people off.
Everyone be watching for someone selling those kits all of the sudden.
So sorry honey…pay back is hell from what I understand.

7 Likes

I found a few artists offering a custom made coco and asked if they’d be interested in selling their kit. Fingers crossed. If I can’t find one maybe it’s just not meant to be. Dinner was great. Hopefully Tuesday I can find out what I can do legally. You ladies have a goodnight.

2 Likes