Sooo.... took my Easter swap baby to work today

And it was a hoot! There were 6 customers in there when I walked in and they ALL thought she was a real baby. When I flopped her down on the counter they all kinda gasped. I just turned around and looked at them and calmly said “its just a doll… its a doll”. They were amazed LOL!

We had an associate meeting tonight and one of the girls I work with asked if I everpainted “black” babies. I told her no but I wanted to do an ethnic baby to see if I could. She wants to buy one for her daughter so I told her to let me practice first and if it turned out well them I would make a baby for her daughter. She is wanting a baldy baby. So now I need to learn to do the ethnic coloring. Any pointers and tips would be appreciated.

I just love people’s reactions to the dolls LOL

15 Likes

@specialmoments - I think was one with pointers for dark skin tones? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This was my first attempt at a lighter skin AA with a little advise/help from @specialmoments

5 Likes

Cute!!! That’s really good.

1 Like

Thanks! Her new Mommy just loves Her. She had tears in her eyes when we meet for the delivery. She was my 4th baby to hand deliver to the customer I really love getting to see the reactions.

2 Likes

Awe that is awesome!!! I still get so nervous whenever I sell a baby or do one for a swap. I am all worried thinking they won’t be loved. I will get to hand deliver this AA one if it all works out.

2 Likes

This is Shyann, she’s my first reborn. She’s my favorite so far. I wanna do another one of her.

I really liked doing Shyann but would love it even more if she had full limbs. I am sure I will reborn her again. The 19th of this month will only be 3 months so I have a long ways to go still and lots to learn but I enjoy it.

1 Like

I don’t see your Shyann @Msmimi04
I have a Shyann in my cradle that was my Christmas swap baby. Love her!

10 Likes

That’s funny!!! Then…once they realize it’s a doll…they are amazed!!!

How cool that you may get a custom from taking her to work
with you…that is the greatest exposure ever…when people
actually see one in real life!!!

Here is one of my ethnic Shyanns!!

13 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you :slight_smile:

this is my Shyann

1 Like