Sold my first doll!

…to my mom, but I’m still going to count it because she refuses to take it for free or at cost :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This lil’ Shyann is on her way to Arizona, where she will bring some happiness to my aunt who is recovering in rehab after cancer surgery and treatment.

My aunt has been lonely in rehab, and she loves babies. She has six kids of her own and fostered children her whole adult life. I hope this babe brings her a little comfort as she recovers! Any well wishes sent her way would be much appreciated :heart:

34 Likes

Shyann makes the perfect ethnic baby :slight_smile: You did a beautiful job!

2 Likes

Aw, that’s really sweet. Will say a prayer for her…

1 Like

That baby’s gorgeous! She’ll love her. Sending prayers her way.

1 Like

You did a great job and those hands just look amazing!
I’m sure your aunt will be very happy with such a beautiful doll.

1 Like

Wow :heart_eyes: one of the most beautiful Shyann’s I’ve seen :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Your aunt is going to love her!!! :revolving_hearts:
Praying for total restoration :pray:

1 Like

She is so cute. Did you paint or draw her brows?

2 Likes

Great Job! Love her skin tone.

2 Likes

What a beautiful baby! Your aunt is going to be thrilled! :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks so much, ladies! @pipgirl_el I drew the eyebrows with a black Prismacolor pencil. I did one layer, applied matte varnish, baked, then did another layer of pencil/matte/bake.

I so appreciate the prayers and positive vibes!

1 Like

What a beautiful baby, she will love her!

1 Like

Her hands look incredible I can’t believe this is your first I’m not convinced…Lol all well wishes n speedy recovery for your aunt

2 Likes

Haha oops @BusyBeeNursery…I meant to say it’s the first doll I’ve sold :blush: It’s the fifth one I’ve made- the others were a swap, a Christmas gift to my daughter, and a couple that hang around my studio or classroom. Thanks for the compliment and the well wishes!

2 Likes

Wow, she’s beautiful! Congratulations on the sale.

awesome! Great job!

She is remarkable! Did you use the biracial kit? I have one to do, but seems her skin tone is already darker than your hands on this sweet baby! It will be my first biracial/ethnic doll- so all tips appreciated!

Thanks, @cainchar! Yes, she was the biracial kit. The soles & palms only have one or two very thin layers of paint, then I darkened everything else to achieve the contrast. Creases are done with pastel/powders. :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations on your first doll. It won’t be your last! He’s lovely.
Praying for your Aunt’s recovery.

1 Like

Uhh one of the best Shyanns EVER!! Do you take orders? Might need one of your babies one day…

1 Like

My goodness! Thanks for your explanation- that really helps. Now- can I show my real ignorance and ask what pastels/powders are? Not GHSP I’m guessing.

You sure are gifted!

1 Like