So nervous

As I am sitting here working on my swap baby, the more nervous I get. I am so afraid my partner will not like it and think I do horrible work. Please tell me I am not alone in feeling like this. I have never done a swap before so maybe that is why I feel this way? :confused: I donā€™t know but I am making myself sick to my stomach and second guessing every layer and detail that goes on. I am a nervous wreck! :worried:

9 Likes

I did the same thing.

3 Likes

Kateā€¦you are among friendsā€¦I think we all feel the same wayā€¦I have been reborning over 7 years now and literally made over 600 dolls to date and I feel the exact same as you about the swap baby. Itā€™s my very first swap and honestly, I am never really nervous these days about any of my custom orders but this babyā€¦wellā€¦I think sometimes when you try so hard to make it perfect it is more stressful than just making a baby that comes from the heartā€¦I noticed every little flaw and had a few issues with things I never have trouble with because I was being sooooo carefulā€¦I finally came to the conclusionā€¦This baby is going to be from the heartā€¦that is itā€¦What will be will beā€¦I hope my partner will love what I have done, even if it is not perfectionā€¦and I have had to just leave it at thatā€¦You do lovely dolls,Just make a Kate baby and that is all you need to doā€¦IF you can relax and just do what you do, you will be much happier and the stress will melt awayā€¦ :smile:

11 Likes

Great advice Starr. Thank you for that. I do feel better and will try to get over this fear that I have of messing her baby up. I just want this little one to be perfect and something that she will love for a very long time. Itā€™s just so hard because she is such an amazing artist!

4 Likes

Kate your work is awesome. Iā€™m sure your partner will be over the moon!

3 Likes

You are too Kateā€¦Your babies are lovely and Izzy matched people as best as possible based on skill and the criteria we gave her to work withā€¦things like whether you are allergic ,want smoke free, your postage preferences, etc but for the most part I know Izzy will have matched us with the most compatible partners based on all the criteriaā€¦so maybe your partner is as nervous as you are and hoping she will make one you love as wellā€¦we are all in the same boatā€¦heehee :smile:

5 Likes

I am dying over here!!! I am afraid everytime I touch this babyšŸ˜« this is soooooo hard!!!

5 Likes

Even though I know that Izzy painstakingly paired us all and she really knows her stuff, I am still my biggest critic. I look at my work and my partners and think to myself, ā€œman I am nowhere near herā€. I think it is because with my own work, I pick out all the flaws and Iā€™m not really seeing the true beauty of it. I am like that with every baby I do but especially this one. Thank you for reassuring me. It does make me feel better and now maybe I can relax a little and actually try to enjoy this. :smile:

3 Likes

I just realized youā€™re in my group and youā€™re making my baby! Relax and take a deep breathā€¦Ahhhhhā€¦Put plenty of love in the process and Iā€™ll love it!!! :heart:

Just so you know, Iā€™m wonderingā€¦ā€œwould she like this or would she like thatā€, too. Iā€™m taking more down time in between layers, studying where baby is at now and determining where it wants to go. I think weā€™re all feeling that ā€œstressā€. I keep reminding myself this is my gift from the heart, like Starr @westernstarr said.

I picked someone to PM WIP pics for critique, maybe that would help you, too.

8 Likes

Iā€™m dying over here too, believe me! This is my first swap baby and I think the first reborn Iā€™ve done with any real time constraints and Iā€™m SUPER anxiousā€¦You can send pics of your WIP baby to somebody you trust to make you feel better if you wanted. I hate how the babies look all goofy when they arenā€™t ready yet.

6 Likes

Iā€™m more then happy to help anyone needing an outside opinion, Iā€™m not in the swap because the reasons all of you just mentioned above. I put way to much pressure on myself. But here if you need me :grinning:

7 Likes

Iā€™m here to give critique too! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Amy you are just the sweetest! I turned up the music, took a deep breath and listened to all of you. I feel much better now. I zoned out for awhile and just let the paint flow onto the vinyl. I am trying not the worry so much about making a mistake and just enjoy the process. I am getting closer to being finished and I know I will be much happier with it all when this little one is put together. That is usually the point where I can really see them come alive.

2 Likes

Just Do Itā€¦youā€™ll feel much better, I do. A BIG shoutout Thank You to my critiquer :wink:

3 Likes

Oh yes, I will be asking a couple of people for some opinions. I just wanted to get a little farther along today before I did.

1 Like

Awww, youā€™re sweet, too! And baby will be sweet because of all the combined love being poured in.

Iā€™m glad you feel better!

Iā€™m sure your baby is perfect! :smile:

@Madison, your baby is being made with lots of love, too! Will be varnishing soon!!! :heart:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness waiting for my doll is driving me INSANE!!! I love your work Amy and I canā€™t wait to see my baby!

Iā€™m almost done with me swap babies painting! Iā€™m feeling the stress! Lol!

3 Likes

This swap will be very fun! Canā€™t wait to see all the babies. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Me either ! I loveeeee lookin at babies! :heart:ļø:heart:ļø:heart:ļø:heart:ļø

3 Likes