So frustrated!

I’d trade. Pm me :grinning:

I agree, everyone has been nice in offering input. That said, what I’m sharing is also written with a tone of kindness and helpfulness. It can be hard to hear what we may not want to when we are artists.

It can take years to get to a confidence level that can bring in a decent profit from a doll. It varies per person.

It took me a year before I sold one for $200. I took every reborn class online that I could that would teach me how to do this art the best that I could with my abilities. I studied the work of amazing artists to see how they did details and colors. I practiced on cheap Berenguer parts I found on eBay, mixing colors, shading, details. It became a full time thing for me when I wasn’t busy with other things.

Regarding the recent photo you put up, the ears appear to have little or no shading. These are the kind of details we all need to learn if we want realism in our dolls. If you are not comfortable with some details like brows, you need to practice them on a test head, over and over, until you gain confidence. Confidence will also give you more courage as an artist. A doll in most cases needs to look complete in order to sell for $200 or more.

Everyone is trying to help you. Most of us have been there. Most of us have taken constructive criticism. It’s my belief that an artist cannot grow without it when it is needed.

6 Likes

Ooooo how awesome! I love that guide pic. So helpful :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I much appreciate the input you ladies have given me, but little one found a new mommy today! I guess sometimes it just takes waiting for the right person to come around. She goes home on Saturday!

5 Likes

Awww congratulations :balloon::tada:

1 Like

She found her mommy on Facebook through a trade.

1 Like

That’s my listing haha. I’ll be removing it.

I always cross post things, and if it sells on another site I remove listings. That’s how it works.

Well my main goal was to be able to get a new baby for my collection, and I fell head over heels in love with the baby I was offered. I appreciate the concern, but I’m not going to risk only getting $50 off a baby I spent nearly $100 to make, when I can get a new baby as a trade that I’m in love with.
I have all positive eBay feedback. Me canceling one auction doesn’t hurt anything, at least in my opinion, as I rarely use eBay because I dislike their fees. Team etsy all the way :joy:

@Babylove77 what kit is this?

eBay is starting to crack down on cross posting, I’m hearing, because people keep doing what you did. If a bid is a binding contract with the seller, the acknowledgment of bids should be binding with the bidder.

5 Likes

It’s the limited edition Dean. He was released at ROSE last year and cannot be purchased on BB

1 Like

Actually you can still get the kit in the vender bag on Bountiful Baby for 50 bucks. http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/rosedollexpo/images/products/vendorbaggoodies.jpg :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Also aside from the blank kit option on Bountiful Baby… Just noticed this cutie popped up on reborns.com! :relaxed: Nice price too! https://www.reborns.com/item/60926/1![image|281x499](upload://aOYidqzCiSLXwPDQ2Hyf8V41iu8.jpeg)

2 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t recognize it.

2 Likes