So disappointed...ensure you check your orders have shipped

I am normally very impressed with BB’s service, but I must say that this time, I feel that my issue has in some ways fallen thru the cracks. I ordered some chimps and some limbs on the 2nd of August, paypal cleared the payment on the third of August, and I thought everything was fine, since it had also cleared my bank. I had the order sent to the U.S., since I would be visiting a fellow reborner and good friend of mine this week. I called yesterday, since the package had not arrived, and was told it had never shipped, because there was a problem with paypal. I had purposely checked my bank statement on the third of August, and saw the withdrawal. Had I not called BB, I don’t think that package would have have left the warehouse at all. This is an issue, and a time-sensitive one, since the chimps need to be done for Christmas, and I am not able to return to the U.S. anytime soon. I explained this to the lady in customer service, and we agreed that a supervisor would call me back. Unfortunately, the supervisor evidently shipped the package yesterday to arrive three days from now. I had explained that the package would need to be overnighted, or shipped to Toronto for the same amount of money as I had already paid, since the delay was not my fault. Instead, the package was shipped before the supervisor spoke to me. I am very upset that my grandkids will now not have their Xmas presents, and that BB did not do anything to facilitate getting this package to me in time for me to bring it home. BB prides themselves on superlative customer service, and I feel that my problem was put to the side and “handled” without keeping me in the loop or accomodating my needs.
There seems to have been some communication issues involved in this, , and I have tried to resolve this with BB on my friend’s phone yesterday ( and used many of cell minutes doing this) but did not get a call back from the supervisor. I don’t want this to be a problem for anyone else, so I would suggest that you take the time to ensure that your package has been sent, and that everything is fine. A quick double-check may save you some inconvenience!

Hugs, Barb

Best of luck Barb, I hope you get your package soon…

I put an order in yesterday morning and still haven’t got anything saying it was shipped yet. I hope the days of quick shipments are not over…

With four simultaneous releases, we are sure to fall behind on shipping again.”… as mentioned in our release emails, as well as this post:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44167
Folks, we are in fact behind, just as we knew we would be, and just as we announced that we would be.

As far as the original post that originated this thread, PayPal did a payment review on that order, and withheld payment from us, even if they took the money from the buyer’s account. And because of the payment review, the order was being held at Bountiful Baby. The review went fine, but it took awhile for the cleared payment confirmation to reach the warehouse, where the order was still on hold.

Never-the-less, we should have done better.

Right now we are actually operating out of two warehouses-- our old original warehouse, plus our new warehouse. We are trying to juggle things where we do not shut down for the completion of the move to the new warehouse, but doing so is trickier than most people might imagine. Right now our primary shipping activity is still occurring at the old original warehouse, but we hope to change that by Monday.

Because of the trickiness of continuing the operations during a major move, during the next few days we might not be able to do any special processing for any orders at all, but might instead need to simply cancel the order and refund it if it is an order that needs special handling (such as due to a PayPal review, or special shipping, or anything out of the ordinary). But we will try to juggle everything, and keep things moving-- even if the order requires special handling.

We are also considering a special “blow-out” sale in a day or two, so that we might completely avoid moving some items. But, of course, that might make us even further behind, so we are not sure if we can do that. But, shipping from the old warehouse now, at a discount, is certainly preferable to moving it, and then shipping it from the new warehouse at some future date.

We’ll be watching, and see what we can do.

Bountiful Baby

Thank you for the update. It is always great to heat what is happening, especially something so monumental as this. I am sure it would be most helpful for people to be a little patient and understanding. Things happen! I know there have been complaints on the new vinyl. I am sure the few isolated situations are small compared to the number of kits that have passed through your doors. Best wishes with the remainder of your move. Thank you for all you do for the reborning world!

Thanks for letting us know about the later shipments. Guess I was so excited to see the new releases come out I didn’t finish reading the email. You have spoiled us all over the years with great service every time we ordered. I am sure as soon as the move is complete things will go back to normal! (can’t wait for the "possible big sale!!!)

I fully understand and sympathize that moving warehouses must cause a great deal of both hard work, and confusion, however, my issue was more that the paypal payment had indeed cleared…although I don’t know when it cleared for BB…but if I had not telephoned,it would never have been shipped at all. Many orders that were ordered later were shipped and received in that time frame. BB has provided me with a small compensation, and I am grateful for that, but it still means that I will not have a Christmas order completed in time, and it was shipped without letting me know that it shipped, and without a call from a supervisor as promised. And truthfully, I’m still disappointed…

Regards,
Barb

— Begin quote from “teaser’s girl”

…although I don’t know when it cleared for BB…but if I had not telephoned,it would never have been shipped at all…

— End quote

All orders that have been placed on “Hold” are periodically reviewed. Thus, it would have shipped, or else been canceled and refunded (if the payment had not cleared). One or the other was going to happen, regardless.

We also periodically review PayPal’s records rather than merely relying on the PayPal notification mechanism. Your call triggered the PayPal record review to occur sooner than it otherwise would have, so we definitely appreciate the call. Otherwise, just as you suspect, it likely would not have been resolved for another day or so.

But as I mentioned, one or the other was going to happen, regardless.

Bountiful Baby

“We also periodically review PayPal’s records rather than merely relying on the PayPal notification mechanism. Your call triggered the PayPal record review to occur sooner than it otherwise would have”

Really??? Two weeks past order date, and you needed a phone call to initiate the sending of this package, and that was earlier than you normally would have responded?

I’m sorry, but what if this had been really urgent? What if it were for a time-sensitive custom? As it is I had to extend my time in the US solely to wait for this package. I missed work, and my husband is disabled and alone at home. I received the package, and I an glad of it, but the inconvenience of this is not being fully understood, I don’t believe. And then it was mentioned that the order could have just been refunded…so the items that I was lucky enough to find as seconds would have been twice as expensive and I would have to re-purchase complete these presents? I understand that moving is difficult, I really do. But I really think that a complete review of the procedures regarding held packages must be implemented, and that such delays must not be allowed to occur in the future.

And BTW, it was mentioned that I would receive a 10 dollar gift certificate, which I appreciate, but how do I go about getting it?

Thanks, Barb

Thanks, Siisy, I hope the issue you’re having will also be resolved to your satisfaction!

Sissy,I would keep trying, and email rather than phone, since you will have a written record of the conversation…I really hope you and BB work it out…

“We also periodically review PayPal’s records rather than merely relying on the PayPal notification mechanism. Your call triggered the PayPal record review to occur sooner than it otherwise would have”

Really???

— End quote

Yes. Really. Orders do not stay in the hold queue forever. And, it’s not unusual for PayPal to take two weeks to release held funds.

And BTW, it was mentioned that I would receive a 10 dollar gift certificate, which I appreciate, but how do I go about getting it?

Thanks, Barb

— End quote

It was emailed to you several days ago. It is in the same email that you were told you would receive one. Just scroll down the email-- it is there.

Bountiful Baby

— Begin quote from “sissy428”

I still have not received my order, and to be honest when you call there they are not very helpful or willing to come to the needs of the customer! Im very frusterated for months with all this…

— End quote

Your last order was on 8/15. It will likely be delivered tomorrow.

Your order before that was placed on 8/4, and was delivered on 8/6.

Bountiful Baby