Silicone prep

Let it sit a week. Over time, silicone oil from inside the silicone does leach through on the finish, which is why they can get shiny just sitting in the crib. But this will work for you in this case as it will get absorbed into the over matted spots and they will look a little better in a week. Once that has happened, take some NOVOCs and lightly wipe over each spot and then mix a little clear A & B. Using a little point q-tip or sponge tip type cosmetic stick blot a little of the A/B mix just on the crusty spot and then go back over with a dry one so as to knock it down to where you are putting just a hint of the clear on the spots. This should add back some sheen and be absorbed into those spots. Be careful though if you are too heavy handed you will wind up making it shiny. So proceed gently and do in layers if needed more than once rather than trying to fix it all at one go.
I hope that makes sense. If done correctly, it will help. The thick spots will still be thick in texture but it will help them not look so dry.

Got it! Thank you

Reading all that is so interesting and terrifying :scream: and makes me never try or deal with the silicone.
However I signed up for L. Duncan silicone class at DOTWE, just for fun, and I think it’s when it ends - just one fun fairy :joy: :joy: :joy:

I am taking her KDS class.

1 Like

She is a fabulous lady! I would love to take her class some time. I am sure you all will have a lot of fun and learn a lot!

2 Likes