Silicone Blinkin

As soon as I saw a silicone version of blinkin from BB I snatched her up! I’ve been wanting to do a full body silicone but haven’t had the funds to spend the nearly $2000 to get a blank full-size baby. I’m not a huge fan of her face, but hoping that with the right eyes she won’t look super dolly-ish. If y’all have made Blinkin what eyes did you use and can I see pictures?

3 Likes

great thinking, also I do have a Birdie by Elsie Rodriguez blank kit I am selling for $800 and considering payment plan for artist from this forum. You might be out of money now, but letting you know just in case.

Happy silicone painting .

I used flat oval glass eyes. I would use that also for a silicone, they are easier to put in and look realistic enough.

2 Likes

Are the oval eyes any easier to position that the half round eyes? I’ve used half-round eyes on both my Echos and they were a bit tricky to get to sit right.

They are easier because you don’t have to remove too much silicone. I guess with round you will have to carve more.

I’m assuming that these won’t come with the sockets opened? I know silicones usually don’t

1 Like

I’m not sure, I’m used to cutting the eyes open but looking at the blank pictures on the BB site it shows the kit with eye sockets that look like a vinyl baby so I think they made the mold of the vinyl kit with no eyes inserted because it looks like the blank socket with the markings on the back.
It’s a bit hard to see but it looks like there’s raised X-shaped marks inside the socket.

1 Like

That’d be nice. I always get worried about cutting the sockets

1 Like

Blinkin arrived! The eye sockets are in fact open, I tried these half-round eyes in there since they were the only 20mm eyes I have. I’ll get a pair of flat-backs to fit better. I definitely like the kit better in person.

3 Likes

Scratch that, found some flat-backs tucked away in my supplies. I think I like the blue ones best

6 Likes