Shyann

Hi, I’m new to reborning but have been reading your info for months-It’s great!! I just got my Shyann kit this AM. I am so disappointed! She was a special deal but not listed as a second. Her eyes are not even in her face-I cant decide if her head is off set on her neck or if her eyes are just off set. BB is great about returns but it provokes me to have to pay return shipping, I really want this baby but know I cant tolerate such an off kilter face. Anyone out there having this problem?? Hate my first episile to be gripping! Have really enjoyed & profited from all your wonderful advice &understanding…Thanks

Scroll to the bottom of this page:

http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/shyann/shyann.html
It shows a closeup of an unpainted Shyann. You will see that she is sculpted unsymmetrically. That’s just how she is.

All human faces are unsymmetrical, with differences between the left side and right side. Similarly, all sculpting artists have differences in their sculpts as well. In fact, if we were to produce a face that was perfectly symmetrical, people would object and say it looks fake, even if they did not really understand why. Their subconscious would register that something was different and unnatural about it, even if they could not even explain their feelings about it. Their inner-self would still know that something is odd.

Shyann is unsymmetrical by design. And she is one of our most popular sculpts ever (and actually had been the most popular for several months of her history).

Bountiful Baby

— Begin quote from “Grandian”

Hi, I’m new to reborning but have been reading your info for months-It’s great!! I just got my Shyann kit this AM. I am so disappointed! She was a special deal but not listed as a second. Her eyes are not even in her face-I cant decide if her head is off set on her neck or if her eyes are just off set. BB is great about returns but it provokes me to have to pay return shipping, I really want this baby but know I cant tolerate such an off kilter face. Anyone out there having this problem?? Hate my first episile to be gripping! Have really enjoyed & profited from all your wonderful advice &understanding…Thanks

— End quote

Also, our customer service record shows that you emailed us about this about 5 hours before you posted this, and we sent you the following email in response:

Here is a link to our Shyann kit:

http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/shyann/shyann.html
If you scroll to the very bottom of that link, you can see that the right eye is slightly higher than the left. That is the way that Shyann was sculpted. We apologize if this does not work for you. We do have a 30 day Money Back Guarantee, as can be seen on our “About Us” page, here:

Contact Us - Bountiful Baby (DP Creations LLC)
Here is the guarantee, copied from that page:

All purchases are fully guaranteed! You may return any item within 30 days for a refund. Items returned must be in the same condition as received, and you must pay the return shipping fee (shipping, in either direction, is never refunded unless the return was due to a mistake made at Bountiful Baby). When an exchange is desired, all exchanges are handled as a refund for the original item, followed by a new order for the new item (you can see from that we don’t really do exchanges-- we only do refunds, which leaves you free to reorder whenever you wish, and it gives us a simple, uniform way to handle all returns).

You can see from this that we don’t really do exchanges. We just do refunds. This simplifies our processing (only a single way to handle all returns), plus gives you greater flexibility (you can choose to reorder, or not, whatever you prefer). That also means that if you wish to do an exchange, you can easily just place a new order without waiting for the refund.

Our return address is:

Bountiful Baby
2140 South 3600 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84119
USA

What we need with the return is something that identifies the order from which it was purchased. A copy of the order included with the return works well for that, but anything that helps us identify the original order can be used. Once we receive the return, and identify the order that it was purchased from, we will refund the same funding source that was used to place the original purchase (i.e., if you payed via credit card, the same credit card will be credited for the return-- or if you payed via PayPal, the refund will be returned to your PayPal account, etc.).

Hope this helps!

Bountiful Baby