Scams

Hi recently my daughter who has mild autism wanted to surprise me and get me a boy baby as I’ve already got a girl from Ashton drake. She wanted a boy also. She saw me looking at black babies so had an idea. She saw what she was looking for and sent for them from lulupick. She has been waiting for them for sometime
I’ve just found out that lulupick is a scam. The question is is there anyone can confirm that’s it’s a scam and if so can my daughter get her money back and how as we live in England and she paid roughly a £150 for the two

2 Likes

It is 100% a scam. There are over 250 scam sites I have came across so far.

They are using stolen pictures. They are also describing them wrong. Wrong names, wrong size, wrong material
Then if they send something it is not what you ordered.

9 Likes

Here is our ongoing thread about these scam sites
I also want to warn that with you being a new member the number of posts you make is limited… so if all the sudden you can not respond that is why

5 Likes

You won’t find 2 genuine reborns for that price. Many kits cost more than half of what you paid for 2 completed babies. Then there’s a body, eyes, paint, hair, weighting and stuffing materials, clothing and time. Price is a relatively good indicator of a genuine reborn. You can expect to pay anywhere from $200-$300 and up for each although boo boo babies are typically a lower price than the artist usually charges and new artists sometimes charge less. While lulupick.com still shows up on Facebook, when I just Google it, it says this site is unavailable. I’ll be surprised if you receive anything and if you do, it won’t be what you’re expecting. I’m sorry you’ve been scammed. You should try to get your money back through PayPal or your credit card company/bank. You should do it ASAP.

8 Likes

Welcome to the Forum. I am so sorry that has happened.

1 Like