Ruby Awake question

Love seeing everyone’s version! Need to know if the flange issue has been fixed? I’d love to paint her but cannot deal with limbs that may fall off :confused:

Do you already have a Ruby awake? Some people’s kits had ok flanges. I haven’t been able to resolve the flange issues with mine. I had purchased 2 Ruby awake kits at the same time, I just checked the other one I had purchased a few days ago and found that one had perfect flanges. I wish I had known before I completed the bad flanged one :frowning: Here’s my version, she is bald and will stay that way, as I can’t sell her anyways.

9 Likes

Love her :two_hearts: I haven’t bought the kit because of the flanges. I can’t deal with that again. Cute as she is, guess I’ll pass.

1 Like

Personally if you want to paint her, I’d wait and see if someone here sells one, that way you can make sure it has good flanges before you buy it. Since BB seems to have a mix of good and bad flanged Ruby’s and sends them out regardless.

2 Likes

Such pretty mottling!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve only just seen this post, I just finished painting her, and yeah the arm flanges aren’t very deep, the legs are ok, so hoping the arms hold ok will soon find out.

I just purchased (2nd week of December) two Ruby Awakes and both have arm flanges that are too small. There’s hardly any lip and all four of them fall off with very little movement. :sob: I love this kit so much, but oof this is frustrating. I fully painted newborn Sage before realizing the neck flange wouldn’t work. I messaged sales at BB and asked if there are any replacements.

I don’t understand why the flange issue isn’t being caught upon kit inspection. (Where it’s decided if the kit is first or second quality. But with a flange issue, I wouldn’t consider that useable even as a Seconds.)

4 Likes

Agreed. I passed on Ruby because of the flange issues with NB Sage. I hope these issues get resolved.

2 Likes

I was fortunate, that my Ruby awake although the flanges were small worked and I was able to sell her, another friend did one and had no issues with her, so its a bit hit and miss but I agree if they don’t work then they shouldnt be sold.

2 Likes

It’s frustrating. I noticed these as I was getting ready to wash them. After the Sage debacle, I decided to try them before going further. The ledge on the arms is so tiny, it provides almost no catch. :frowning: I’m crossing my fingers that they can just send me replacement arms. This kit is so cute!! One of them was going to be my first “keeper” as I’m not a collector, myself; but even in being “just” my own baby, I think her arms should not be falling off.

2 Likes