Returns on dolls

So, Mini Mac came back to me. The person who bought him decided she didn’t want him anymore because she found reborns much cheaper. I gave a partial refund because I’m not going to make a bad relationship with my son’s girlfriend. I just called it a restocking fee.

I’m just irritated with it because she had asked several times if I’d give her Scout as a trade for Mini Mac. Of course he is nowhere in the price range of a 6" doll. That’s when she decided she could get a “full body silicone vinyl” reborn much cheaper. I can’t wait to see her beautiful reborn. :roll_eyes: I tried to tell her they are a scam. But, ya know, I’m just trying to make way over and above what the dolls cost and it is a rip off.

So now, I suppose I’ll list him for sale. I don’t even know what to set the price at. She touched him all of 2 or 3 times. The rest of the time she had him, he sat on a shelf. She paid $280 for him. I don’t know that I want to list him that high. He is partial silicone and cost $110 from McPherson. Anyone have an opinion on price? I’ll have to get photos of him dressed in something to list him but I haven’t done it yet.

4 Likes

280$ is a good price.
Curious to see her “full body silicone vinyl” for less than that😂

3 Likes

Sounds like she’s about to learn the hard way.

3 Likes

Yup. I don’t care. I don’t really like her anyway and I would love it if my son would just move on to someone who treats him better. I don’t get into the middle of my kid’s personal life though. He knows I’m not fond of her but, it is what it is. I won’t be the one living with her so, not my choice to make.

4 Likes

I have three daughters and I’m trying to think of any of their choices, that I thought, were good enough for them, lol!

5 Likes

I am not in a hurry to get there with my 2 sons :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
But you’re right, we can give them our opinion but it’s their choice, their lives.

5 Likes

Oof, I know the feeling. All too well.

2 Likes

What about $250.-$275. ? One person putting it on a shelf can’t affect the price much, if at all. I’m sure you don’t want to go any lower.

Ridiculous she thought she could just trade a partial mini for a full sized complete silc. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes