RB Steven with a delayed yellow spot

Beware and check your factory painted kits. My Steven kit I bought a little over two months ago is showing delayed issues. I washed him when I received him and he only had a small spot of paint on one arm. It was covering a tiny black spot which I felt wasn’t a big deal. So I put him in a plastic zipper bag like usually do. Just took his kit out again today and the tiny spot where the factory had placed paint looks like this. Some kind of stain has spread out from it inside the vinyl. Awful! He is not a seconds kit but is now devalued with this arm. :cry:

6 Likes

That sucks :frowning: I am sorry that it spread!
Thanks for letting others know to watch out for it!

3 Likes

Gee…that is awful…I hope you can color correct it as you paint…but wonder if it will still come through as time passes? These issues are awful…BB should make good on them…and send you a new arm!!

4 Likes

Oh wow. I guess I need to pull mine out and look at him. :flushed:

3 Likes

If these stains seep through after selling a doll, there’s going to be some very unhappy customers.

10 Likes

Yeah, what was just a tiny dark speck three months ago ended up as this. I was shocked when I pulled his bag out of my kit storage box. I wonder if they would still replace the limb for me all these months later. I hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

3 Likes

Right now the arm has a ton of zit cream on it and is sitting outside in the direct summer sunlight. I hope it will fade, but I’m kind of doubting it will.

3 Likes

I’d certainly ask. Send them this picture.

3 Likes

Now I will know to really watch mine that only had a tiny bit of paint on it – it may come out like yours – with yellow spots and who knows what else? I would be really sad because this baby looks like my 2nd great grandson.

2 Likes

That is really, really yellow. Wow.

4 Likes

Yeah, I am wondering about that, too. Also, I stripped a doll and she had yellow on her. I used the famed Remove Zit that Mac sells, and I let it stay on her about a month. It was not getting any lighter, so I cleaned her up. It was supposed to clean off any stain very quickly. So, if I have a doll kit in the future with stains like that shown here, I have no idea what I would try. Just really sad. I love BB.

2 Likes

Oh no! That looks bad

1 Like

It sat in the direct sun, outside, all day today with the zit cream on. It actually faded. If you look real hard in person you can barely see it. It will be interesting to see if it comes back.

10 Likes

Wow. That looks really good.

2 Likes

Amazing result! so interesting if spot will come back. I hope not.

3 Likes

I hope it stays away this time

4 Likes

That looks great, I hope it stays off. For me it takes some of the joy away when I have these unexpected problems.

4 Likes

If it starts coming back I will let you all know.

1 Like

OMG that’s terrifying

2 Likes

What brand zit cream did you use?

1 Like