Quitting customs and my tv baby

So I’ve decides I’m giving up custom dolls after the ones I have to finish. I’ve been doing them for years. And I hate it.
Customers treat me like a machine. "I want pictures. Do this. Do that. "
I’ve had one lady emailing every day for weeks. I finished painting her doll and started rooting. I sent her pictures and she goes on and on about how its been forever and she wants the doll done asap.
This is a lady I gave a deal of 200$ and let her split it into 2 payments. Weeks apart.
I’m just so over customs.

I’m a person. I have a life and responsibilities. I am NOT A MACHINE!!!
ahh. Ok. Sorry I just had to vent.

On a positive note I found out the show my doll will be used on. Its called Power. Its on the Starz network. :smile:

16 Likes

$200 is ridiculously cheap for a custom. I haven’t been doing this long. But from my experience, the cheaper you go, the more demanding they get. If you choose to do another custom, set your price higher. It will help weed out some of the entitled brat ladies.

4 Likes

And yay about the show! Hopefully you can get a recording when it airs. We want to see it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s true. Every single time I cut someone a deal they get demanding and rude. Fact is. I just want to make pretty dolls and sell them. I don’t want to be treated like a machine.

2 Likes

I agree. Customs take all the fun out of it.

2 Likes

I agree with @Katinafleming all the way. The more you cut people a break, it seems the more demanding they are. Totally blows my mind because I would have expected the opposite!

I also hate customs, but am actually doing one now that I agreed to do last year. But this lady is great. She told me what she wanted and is leaving me alone… I may consider doing a few more, actually, because I could use the extra $$$. But still limited options like complexion, gender and hair color. They are not going to worry me to death. :grin:

4 Likes

Awesome!!!
I’m so behind on Power. Now I have a reason to catch up.

1 Like

I’ve never seen it. I’m planning to buy it on DVD eventually. Lol

2 Likes

After years of reborning you have developed a style and skills. I would suggest just making babies you like, do them well, let people fall in love. I am sorry you have been taken advantage of. I could never do customs I would go crazy. Sending positive thoughts your way .

1 Like

I don’t do customs for less than $350+ depending on size. I charge a non-refundable deposit. The customer chooses size or kit, gender, skin tone, eye color and hair color. The rest is up to me. I put enough pressure on myself. I don’t need anyone else adding to it. When I’m done I send a picture for approval. So far, no problems.

2 Likes

OMG I WATCH THAT SHOW! Congratulations! I agree with you and I wouldn’t be able to deal with ungrateful customers. It’s why I don’t work customer service any longer. I was ready to snatch someone’s wig off or cuss at them. I don’t deserve to be abused, so I went into another line of work.

1 Like

What??? WOW congratulations that is SO BIG!!! THAT IS MY FAVORITE SHOW I WILL BE WATCHING FOR YOUR BABY

2 Likes

Thanks. I have never seen the show but I will be picking up a copy of it soon. If you see her before I do please share!

1 Like

That’s awesome. I’ve never seen it.

1 Like

Can you post another pic of the doll I want to see how she looks again, so I know wat to look out for :wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

What if it’s little Yaz?

I stopped doing customs myself due to same thing, it’s so much less stress just being able to make babies as I like❤️😊

2 Likes

Haha, exactly what I thought. I mean heck we don’t see her much anyhow so it could be :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
2 Likes