Questions about selling

I don’t know if this subject has been covered, at least not all in one place, but I need information about how you would start selling? I’m in the process of creating a nursery page, but what and where is the best, and safest, places to list, and the most economical way to list? Also, what about taxes from a sellers standpoint? Do you have to create a business name with a tax ID? If so, what all can you write off? What is the best social media sites to use? If anyone can give me a guide and tips/things they’ve learned about starting from the ground up,it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

2 Likes

I’ll sit here with you and wait for answers :smile:

2 Likes

Hello!
I am not the most tech saavy person, but what I do have is a Facebook business page as my Nursery page, and I sell on reborns.com. I know some have had success on instagram and other things like that but I don’t know about those much.
I also sell some on eBay, the more expensive and rare ones I will sell on there at times. 99% on reborns.com
As far as tax, PayPal gives me a 1099 form each year and I bring that with me when I file my taxes. I think you have to sell over a certain amount before you have to worry about that.
I use ONLY PayPal to accept payment. I have been using only PayPal for 10 years. Only other type of payment I have accepted was a repeat customer sent me a bank check. I don’t know about other payment types and it has been fine.
Welcome and good luck!

2 Likes

What does Ebay charge percentage wise? Also, is there a fee for using Reborns, and /or percentage?

1 Like

Do you also sell from your nursery page? And are there specifics for doing so? Thank you for being patient and answering my questions… I just really hate surprises LOL!

1 Like

PayPal fees are 2.9% + .30 per sale within the US. International is different the percentage fee is higher and also depends on currency exchange and fees based on the exchange.

2 Likes

EBay charge per sale, I believe it is 10% of selling price. (Give or take)
Reborns.com is $20 a month.

2 Likes