Putting draken together

Has anyone tried putting him together yet. The vinyl is harder than what I’m used to. It just seems like the parts don’t fit. Suggestions?

1 Like

I don’t have him, but have you tried heating the parts a bit to make it pop together easier? That’s what I did with Max.

No. I didn’t want to heat the parts as that voids macpherson return policy. I’m just worried that he may be faulty so wondering if it’s just my kit or was he difficult all together.

I guess I need to look into the MacPherson return policy. I don’t understand why heating a kit would void the warranty. LLE even sends a card with her kits saying if it’s mishapen, heat it up. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

The pupen whatever site says not to heat kits also. I think due to the health risks involved.

I have not noticed to on Macphersons though

2 Likes

I don’t have him, but I would imagine you probably do need to heat them to get them together. That’s what I’ve found with the few dolls I’ve done that had vinyl parts connecting directly into other vinyl parts. Although it would void MacPherson’s return policy, I wonder if Sarah Mellman would replace any parts for you if they still appeared defective/wouldn’t go together after heating? Maybe someone knows how to contact her directly?

From MacPherson ToS:

The Heating of Vinyl Doll Kits and Doll Parts

PLEASE NOTE that there are NO vinyl doll kits that are specifically made for heating in an oven. This was a method tried by reborn artists and therefore MacPherson Arts & Crafts will not accept any responsibility for any deformed, melted, bubbles or burnt doll parts. By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you hereby agree that you will be baking all vinyl doll kits and parts at your own discretion and at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any refunds - partial or in full - for any damaged kits. We would also like to note that the fumes from heating any vinyl doll kits and parts could be dangerous, toxic and may have potential health risks. Using Air Dry Paints that are non-toxic is your safest method of reborning.

3 Likes

This sounds like boiling a part would be fine. It just says “oven” is not covered.

4 Likes

Oooh, good point!! Boiling sounds like the way to go!!

1 Like

You could boil, heat with a hairdryer, put it on top of the radiator for a while, things like that.
Them voiding the warranty on heated kits is most likely so people don’t ask for replacements or refunds on melted kits.

1 Like

I hope boiling works. I wonder if I should contact them first. Because the flange ends seem way to big for the holes. I’ll have to take a picture.

2 Likes

I think for legality reasons, the dealers put that warning on the sites. That way, if there is ever a customer with health issues, they can’t blame that company and sue.

2 Likes

I wish I could upload a video showing the struggle. It just seems too big. I’m going to message them now though.

2 Likes

Just be careful that it’s not one of those “it’s horrible to assemble and plain impossible to take apart” types of kits. Otherwise it’s gonna be very tricky to paint. :rofl:

3 Likes

Lilli Marlaine was so hard to put together that it took me a couple of days. I fought with her, tore my fingers up trying to shove her limbs in that body, gave up, then went at it again the next day. Finally!! I don’t bake at all. I’m pretty sure baby powder is what I used on day 2.

3 Likes

I feel like such a rebel using GHSP!

3 Likes

Max was like that too. I think with the full body kits that don’t have a cloth body they have to be that way so there is no worry that a limb will pop off after it’s put together.

2 Likes

Lol I use ghsp too😂

2 Likes

This is the response I got from the help desk.
So I guess I will just paint and worry about popping in afterwards bc apparently it’s just as big a pain to take a part.

2 Likes

Lawdy!! :hushed:

2 Likes

No one ever said Dragons are easy!!! :joy:

2 Likes