Pupdate!

Thank you everyone! Right now they are in crazy mode. I’m literally hiding in the couch with my feet up because they want my socks. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, I tried to use you keeping one of the pups as a reason that we should get another dog but my mom’s not falling for it! If I was close I would adopt one so fast lol

1 Like

Tell your mom I said PLEASE!!! Lol 2 dogs are easier that one. But I have 8 right now. 4 is good… 8 is a lot ! Right now they are running back and forth from one side of the room to the other… stopping only to chew on my fireplace!!! ITS BRICK!!!
They are nuts. I’m just happy it’s not my feet. I’m staying perched up until the wear out a bit. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Lol I will! She said once I get a job then we can discuss it. Right now I think my dog is bored and lonely, she only has cats who can’t handle her energy and roughness and she destroys stuff when she’s bored.
Lol that’s too funny! At least they’ll get their energy out :rofl:

2 Likes

Honestly, a second dog will help. They really wear each other out. It’s very helpful!

1 Like

Awe, I want her :frowning:
I hope someone kind and loving takes her soon!

I just sent a message to my daughter, they have been wanting a dog but its not the best time for them right now. She’s in Florida though…but closer than I am!

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying lol She loves other dogs and is very playful and I think it’ll help her a lot. She’s almost 2 now and she’s pretty well behaved, she’s trained and everything. It’s just the expense of getting it neutered and the shots that she doesn’t want to deal with. We’ve tried adopting from shelters but we live in an apartment so we’re automatically considered unable to adopt because of that. Even though we have a big yard and some fenced in spaces it doesn’t matter to them

1 Like

You have been a great furbaby Mama! All your work and time has paid off in beautiful, healthy pups! Give yourself a pat on the back – you truly deserve that and more. Do they all have homes now?

1 Like

I told my husband that we need a puppy – my Lola is getting on in years, and I told him that “Lola could train the puppy”! LOL He didn’t go for it. But really, they do learn from each other. We had one that taught the new dog how to dig under the fence and take off! Also, the first dog actually tried to bury the puppy when she was really small. I got her when she was maybe 6 weeks old. The dog we already had, had the puppy by a hole in the yard and shoved her in and then started covering her up with the dirt! LOLOL It was so funny!

4 Likes

Lol That’s super funny! My dog learned to dig from the neighbor’s dog who she rarely sees, so they definitely learn from each other and very quickly. I’m in the process of getting a job so once that happens my mom said she’s more open to the discussion since I’m a student and still live at home with her.

1 Like

Yes… they learn from each other! The pups are still not allowed outside because we are waiting u til they get there 3nd round of shots… today. They are pretty good at using pee pads… most of the time. :grimacing:
The things is… my older dogs see them and they are not getting yelled at… so they think, why not?? It’s raining! I will not miss pee pads. I have a list of expenses and I have( so far) used 2,500 pee pads . 25 packs of 100 pads. 20.00 a pack.
That’s just pee pads. They go though them… they poop ALOT and pee even more.

3 Likes

Thank you @RebornsbyZebra
Brindle is going to Cleveland… taking an airplane :heart:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a lot of puppy pads! We got really lucky with Miya, we bought a huge pack of puppy pads when we brought her home and used 2 of them. She potty trained really quickly and had only 1 accident. She pees on the floor now to spite me sometimes though. Yesterday I was cuddling her brother (a kitten) who was sleeping on my lap. I wouldn’t let her wake him up to play and she went and peed on the floor because she was mad :rofl:

1 Like

I asked my other daughter as well…shes in Arizona but she’s living in a tiny apartment right now with her BF and her cat.
They are looking for a larger place.
Have the puppies been around cats btw?

1 Like

No, we don’t have cats. They haven’t been allowed outside yet. I’m super careful because there are lots of wild animals around my house. Which I love but… I need to make SURE they pups don’t get parvo. They are getting their second round of shots tonight. I like to wait 48 hours after that to let their paws go outside. :grinning: I have helped to many people with parvovirus puppies. Better safe than sorry! Long answer but… no cats! Maybe when they can go outside we can go look for some! They are around my 5 pound Maltese… they ignore her. Which she is very happy about!

1 Like

@Nikkiroc I just got back from visiting my aunt, she has 8 day old pups! They’re all spoken for though :frowning: Dad is a lemon beagle and mom is basset hound and pit bull mixed.

3 Likes

Awwwwwweeeee!!! How awesome!!!

1 Like

Right! They were so sweet. And mama only wanted affection. She came out of the playpen to go pee but she sat herself in front of me and wouldn’t move cause she wanted love :rofl:

4 Likes

Awwwwwwwwwww!!! They give so much love to their babes… they need :heart:️ too!!!

2 Likes