Progress as an Artist

I almost gave up in the first few months…

17 Likes

Aren’t you glad you didn’t give up?

1 Like

I started in 2004 and I too was reborning from Berenguers with wigs etc. like Karen mentioned. This sad one is my first baby.
hildy

And for a Berenguer comparison, this is my most recent Berenguer.

Here are my recent kit babies.

18 Likes

I started out with the Berenguers with wigs in 2007.My very first Berenguers got stolen when I had her in a consignment store. I found Stephanie S. Tackett in 2007 when I was at the Secrist Doll Factory for a 1 week class on reborning. I bought kits from Pat Secrist. I later found Bountiful Baby in early 2010. Then I found many other reborn doll websites. I love this beautiful art of reborning. These 2 are just a touch of what I have…

This is Newborn Crystal

This is Realborn Jaxson

12 Likes

Autumn was my first. Darren is my most recent.

12 Likes

I don’t have pictures of my first, but I actually still have #2. I started in 2011/2012 (it was definitely before I graduated high school in 2012, I’m pretty sure the first one was done in 2011…) I refused to do eyebrows because I wasn’t good at them. I also refused to varnish them for a while because I did varnish the first and she came out powdery white and rougher than sand paper. I also cut open this one’s mouth to take a full pacifier. Only after I did that, did I see posts about not cutting open mouths because the vinyl would eventually stop coming back together. Aside from these photos, “Oren Rhyse” is never without his pacifier. Next to/on top of him is my most recently painted baby (still waiting on his hair.)
Edit: I also weighted them ludicrously heavily. “Oren” is around 11 pounds and I’m nearly certain 5 of it is in his head :flushed:

10 Likes

13 Likes

Um, I almost quit too. I painted my first baby 15times. I didn’t sleep and studied day and night.
My first in 2017

My last baby January 2021

14 Likes

Who is the baby at the bottom? I love the forehead wrinkles… So adorable.

lol we call him Mr. Wrinkles
Laura Tuzio Ross Vincent

2 Likes

I love these threads. It’s really amazing to see not only everyone else’s progress, but your own as well. @Reborndaddyog you have given me incredible inspiration!

Here’s I’m pretty sure my first, which I stripped at least 5 times before finishing. I think this was roughly 4 years ago, maybe 5. Honestly I can’t remember exactly when I started reborning :confused:

And my most recent

12 Likes

Ok…here’s my detail progress from one of my first babies to one of my latest.

12 Likes

My first:

My latest:

16 Likes

First:

Most recent

14 Likes

My first from 2019…

My few of my latest ones…

10 Likes

Maddie, April of 2020

First Baby I Ever Painted, Her Skintone Was So Perfect. She wasn’t yet varnished. She was to be a Portrait Baby. She looked so so similar to the real baby.

When I finally got around to varnishing, I found out that the sealer I was using was taking the paint off of the baby. Not only that but I put her eyes in too soon and the sealer started creating pockets of air and cracks. I was super upset and had to strip her paint off. She was stripped two times in total. When she was finally completed. She looked like this. (September of 2020)

Saskia, Finished July of 2020

She was stripped about 2 times.

And My Most Recent Babies:

Levi and Sofia Finished November Of 2021

10 Likes

I sure am. I really enjoyed painting little Darren, and would have missed the opportunity if I’d given up early. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello
I am glad you didn’t give up… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

If anything my shading, creasing, and skin tones have improved.

First reborn July 2020

First Alternative October 2020

Second Human January 2021
(and STILL the only set of “human” eyebrows I’ve ever done…you can obviously see why)

Latest Alternative September 2021

7 Likes