Preemie/Micro-preemie Belly Plate? WIP post 9

I’ve noticed there’s a shortage of preemie sized belly plates, especially ones that are more than just the belly button area. Wondering if it would be worth it to take a go at sculpting one? And what size should I make? I was thinking 14-16" but mini babies would be fun to try too. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I think that would be a great idea​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Absolutely Izzy, I think that’s a wonderful idea. Lots of people love the smaller babies and belly plates seem to be non existent for them. Go For It!!!

3 Likes

Please try both. These are needed. If you make them, people will buy them. There is definitely a market for them.

3 Likes

Thanks ladies! Working on the armature and sculpting tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I say, go for it Izzy!! :smile:

2 Likes

Go for it, Izzy!

The only place I’ve been able to find a preemie plate so far has been Fine Artistic Dolls (Nicky Creation USA) on eBay. It would be nice to have more variety for preemies!

3 Likes

Sculpting bellies are a lot harder than I thought lol! You have to make sure everything matches up with the cloth body. Here is about an hour of work (pretty rough atm, I know). This would fit around a 16" doll right now but if it somehow made it into vinyl it would shrink a little…so maybe a 14" belly plate? I’m not sure lol.

1 Like

So how would you get it made into vinyl? I’m sure lots of ppl would be interested in one of these if they were vinyl bc like you said, lots of the belly plates for smaller kits are just the tiny belly area.

I’m not sure lol. But there is a company called Doll Kits International that produces kits and its owned but Brenda of MacPs. So I’m trying there first. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Izzy it is looking great so far-----do you have any plans of making a plate even smaller for say a 10 - 12 inch baby??? There are lots of members who really like those tiny little ones. Just a thought.

3 Likes

Thanks, Lynn! It’s just about finished, I started a different thread. :slight_smile: http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/wip-preemie-belly-plate-sculpt/33063/7

And sure, I might try an even smaller baby lol. If this one works out and there’s interest I’ll do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like