Practice ghs & irhsp

As some of you might know, I have always been an air dry artist. I very recently switched over to ghs, after a lot of encouragement from @Emma, and she even shared her precious ghs paints with me to help me get started :heart:
She has held my hand and walked me thru every step and trick that would have taken me years to learn on my own. I owe you a LOT of hats😂
I wouldn’t normally share something i feel isn’t my best work, (her milia is insanely awful Lol) but since so many of your are ghs painters and struggling with not knowing which new mediums and paints to try, I thought i would share my experience so far with irhsp mediums. I have nothing to compare them with since they are the only ones I’ve used so far, but i know from talking with @Emma that the textures are creamier and softer. I chose the Leilani yawning for my first ghs practice head, mostly because i wanted to experiment with doing a really red complexion, and because of her open mouth. I was actually really shocked after i did a round of texture (pore medium) as she is really matte! Since it goes on fairly shiney, i suppose i thought it would retain a bit of shine. I added a bit of satin to her lips, mouth eyes, and ears, and its fairly matte as well, and i might do another layer to see if it stays the same or gets a little more sheen to it.
Esther sent me all of the mediums to try, and I’ll be doing a review for her of them. Comparing them to air dry products wouldn’t even be fair, but i honestly love them so far! Another artist on her fb page said she used the thinning medium for nail tips and loves it, so i plan to experiment with that as well! I’ll get some close up pics of the texture tomorrow when i have natural light.
P.S. don’t judge the hair…I am an awful hair painter :joy:

18 Likes

She looks great!!!

2 Likes

She’s adorable! You did great on her coloring.
So do you like the paints?

1 Like

Looking good!

Just out of curiosity, what made you want to switch?

1 Like

Thank you, and yes I love them! The blending is so easy and non frustrating :joy:

1 Like

I had toyed with it for the last year or so, mostly out of curiosity - and to see how much difference there is between the two. And there is a huge difference!

1 Like

She’s beautiful, you did great!

1 Like

Yes, I agree! I was thrilled when I found a thinner I can finally use and was able to go back to Genesis.

1 Like

Have you used any of the irhsp mediums?

What is IRHSP?

I didn’t know that you painted with air dry paint before.

1 Like

I am thinking of going from GHSP to acrylic, the chemicals are horrid and I am having a hard time finding the paint I need and when I do the price is so high. What is IR-hsp. Is it a new brand of heat set?

Oh, and that is a great baby.

1 Like

Irresistibles brand of heat set

1 Like

@YelenaRey & @Gabriell yes Irrestables reborn heat set paint. Here is her fb group.

2 Likes

You are too sweet :heart: You did such an amazing job on Leilani, a really really great first GHSP baby!!

1 Like

I had a great teacher :wink:

1 Like

Great job!!

1 Like

Thank you🥰

1 Like

She looks great

1 Like

I kinda wanna try them but I am nervous, anymore reviews?

I did a HSP kitchen hack. It isn’t perfect but it basically turns any paint into a heat set paint. The problem is that it’s expensive but if I run out half way through a baby and can’t get some I thought I would have a back up plan.

I haven’t used it enough to share, I don’t want to be responsible for ruined sculpts or a chemical reaction.

I will go over and check it out on Irresistables.

1 Like

The main reason i decided to try irhsp is because they’ve been testing it for almost 3 years, for durability and color fastness. I also like that it can be used with ghs, and cures at the same time and temp. Esther would answer any questions or concerns you might have about them!

1 Like