Please help. Messed up at end. Solved!

I should have cleaned off my desk, but I sat his fat leg to cool on the rack anyways. And it leaned into paint. I didn’t realize it until I was sealing. Is there any hope for this.

3 Likes

Can you lightly sand it off?

1 Like

i thought about that, but afraid i will mess up vinyl. wondering if i can apply a color to tone it down.

@jeanhai
Jean will know!

1 Like

Try a toothpick dipped in thinner to lighten it and then turn it into a needle stick on a newborn and put a band aide on it!

4 Likes

I would have, but its 3month joseph. I figured he may be too old for that. i did try to lighten with thinner, its not budging. Presently trying to see if i can turn in to a lighter scratch.

1 Like

Bummer… 3 month old won’t pull off a heel prick… sorry!

omg ty @pia! I used a toothpick instead of the sponge id been scrubbing with. Its off!! :star_struck:
You are awesome!

3 Likes

I am so glad that worked! I have rescued many mistakes with a toothpick!

3 Likes

You can’t even tell it was there. I will forever keep toothpicks in my reach

12 Likes

Even if you couldn’t have fixed it, you can always turn it into a little scratch!

2 Likes

Toothpicks for the win!!! I keep a box in my painting supplies :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

I always have toothpicks. They’re good for many things.

3 Likes

If I’m desperate and the mistake is small I do a toothpick that I dip into windsor newton brush cleaner to very gently “erase” my flaw. I use a light touch, and immediately wipe with a q-tip dipped in water to stop any paint removal. Its scary and a gamble but if the flaw is slight its worth a try before stripping and repainting the whole thing.

1 Like

I thought (until I read the post) that those were lab puncture marks that babies get as newborns. :grin: I didn’t realize it was a boo-boo

1 Like

Oh yes I go through MANY toothpicks!!!

2 Likes

Joseph and June’s fat legs work my nerves…LOL. I can’t get them to stay on the cooking rack without eventually falling over. :joy:

2 Likes

I did had to squeeze them in lol

1 Like

Bump for good info!

Might need to use some thrift store upright paper towel holders for those big hams! I use them for heads, but large limbs work well on them also.