Please critique my 1st video!

I think it is a good video. Much better than I would have done, I am sure. I saw you showing how not to handle the babies. I don’t think you were too rough. When my then 2 year old great grandson threw my 2 10-inch babies in the floor – THAT was rough!

1 Like

He don’t worry ! I am French and do some videos in English…sometimes I don’t even know of to pronounce words…!

If you can’t face the camera, just try to speak louder, it will work ok.

2 Likes

Haha, yes, throwing them on the floor would be too rough. :joy: I love age 2, good thing they are cute with all the mischief they make! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :heart: Do you mind sharing a link to your videos, I would love to check them out!

I haven’t do much in English, it’s hard for me.

1 Like

Wow, now that is a professional video! I skimmed through it and am going to go back and watch the whole thing, I just wanted to tell you how awesome your video is! And your accent is lovely! Do you mind if I ask what program you used to add the music and slideshow to the beginning and end of your video? :two_hearts:

1 Like

Ah thank you so much !
I use Videopad, it’s a free software for video editing. Very easy to learn. I so a novice with that ! But it’s fun !

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that info, I’m going to check it out! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Yes, they are. From 18 months to 3 years, IMO, is the cutest, sweetest time.

2 Likes

I didn’t make it through the whole video as it was too long for me, but I watched a half of it.
It’s a great subject and I like that you explain and showed different types of cuddle bodies, but this is what I would like to recommend you to avoid. And forgive me if that already been said as I didn’t read any comments. And I’ll be brutally honest, so forgive me if you don’t like what I said.

1. It’s been too much of moving hands straight ‘in my face’ at the beginning;
    I would recommend:
  2. wear hair up, so it will not be in the camera’s site also;
  3. wear long sleeves and not something oversized;
  4. shorten the video by not trying to position the babies perfectly while viewers only see your back at that time;
  5. practice artists name, so I would not struggle how to pronounce them;
  6. lay a blanket on the table, so babies will look cozy while you introduce and change them;
  7. change the angle of the shoot, so your voice always will be going toward the microphone (look at Gina’s Gabriel angle) as your voice sound muffled when you talk away from microphone.
  8. shorten the video to 15 min. May be edit parts when you are putting on socks and mittens, or present information in the shorter way.

I’ll try to watch the other half later and may be come up with more recommendations.
With all that said, I think your babies are great and if you practice or reshoot this episode to shorten it, it will be a great educational video.

I hope there is no hard feelings. Hugs!

2 Likes

I’m glad that you’ve taken my critiques in the spirit which they were meant. The whole “facing the audience” thing was drilled into me by shouting directors during rehearsals which is certainly not something that would work for making youtube videos.

Maybe you can rehearse your videos over video call with a friend or family? It’s easier to remember to face the camera if there is someone facing you, if that makes sense. It also may help to post a sign or two to remind yourself to face your camera on the wall behind your babies, just out of your cameras field of view.

I’m looking forward to seeing what else you bring to the youtube reborn artist community. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so so much for critiquing my video, I truly appreciate it! Definitely no hard feelings, it’s what I asked for and what I wanted! I love getting critiques, it helps me learn and grow! So thank you very much!

I tried not to move my hands too much, but I agree there was too much movement. I’m hopeful I can improve on this as I practice.
I think editing some things or to make them shorter is a great idea! I definitely need to make videos like this shorter. And yes, I definitely am going to try and face the camera to prevent the muffled speech. I actually filmed 3 other videos before asking for critiques (luckily they are much shorter!) so they will have the same problems as this one, but I’m really excited to apply the advice I’ve been given and make better videos in the future! Thank you again Yelena!

1 Like

Those are really great ideas, thank you! I’m going to do both, the practicing and the reminder sign. Thank you so so much for your help and advice! :two_hearts:

You are welcome, Lisa! I am looking forward to many new ones!

I also thought that when you learn how to edit, you can add a few second Intro with your name and nursery name. Good luck!

1 Like

I definitely want the learn how to do that and add them to my videos. Thanks again! :two_hearts:

1 Like