Packing Checklist

That’s my box from 3 years ago…lol.

3 Likes

@Vanniek try not to worry. I’m sure mommy will be thrilled just to get her hands on the baby.
My boxes are much more streamlined and color coordinated now.

1 Like

I usually send a wrapped scent wafer and that gives the buyer the option to use it or not. I also add a couple of zip ties in case they ever need them. My babies get a ribbon bracelet too with a nest charm since my nursery name is Nest468.
We’ve all got our ways of packaging these sweet little ones, and your list sounds pretty inclusive to me. I’ve always intended to make a check list to use, but just have never done it. I know the feeling though, every time I tape up a box I feel like I may have missed something. But I’ve only had to open one because I actually did!
I really think our buyers probably aren’t nearly as concerned about what’s in the box with the baby as we are!

4 Likes

I LOVED your box!! Love the shape and everything you did!! I try so hard to put as much love and personal touches as I can afford for the price of my babies. :heartpulse:

1 Like

It’s just not as nice as I want it I guess. I need the boxes Melanie has lol That would help :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: I’m going to start making little bracelets for my dolls. I have tons of ribbon…even have the little charms that say )“handmade with love” but I have to find made with love…the one’s I have are good for my other business. I’ve always thought I’ never been good with packaging but as long as my babies are loved I’ll be happy.

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/what-do-you-send-your-babies-home-with/27776

1 Like

The way we present our babies to their new owners is important. The first impression they have of us and how much we care about what we do is going to be based on what they see when they first open the box. It doesn’t take a lot of expensive clothing and accessories to make a box opening look nice. And taking the time to wrap the things you send in some colorful tissue and maybe even adding some pretty ribbon means a lot to the person opening the box. I’ve seen sad videos of people opening big boxes and finding the reborn just sliding around inside with nothing else in there with them…no padding or even a blanket.
People who spend what a good reborn costs deserve better, and the little extra touches like a cute toy or a bracelet, making sure the baby is safely bundled and wrapped well, and using the right size box so everything fits snugly enough that things don’t bounce around during shipping will make that first impression a good one and might even get you a customer who will leave a good review or buy from you again someday. It can be a hassle to pack a reborn for its journey to its new home, but doing it well is worth it!

3 Likes

I think I’ve seen some packages of little charms like what you are looking for at Michael’s. I order mine online, so if you can’t find them locally that might also be an option.

1 Like

I wrap the baby in a blanket tied with ribbon that says It’s A Boy or It’s A Girl (Michael’s). I wrap everything else in baby shower paper that I get at the Dollar Tree. Sometimes I put all the accessories, wrapped in that paper, in a separate box (also wrapped) with a baby shower invitation on the top and pack it near the baby’s feet.

4 Likes