Pacifiers?

Question regarding paci’s-----do most of you use them or would you rather not?? I have not yet made a baby that has a paci and I was wondering if you would prefer to 'buy" a baby that had a paci, or whether or not it would matter to you? So-----do most of you glue in the magnets just in case?

2 Likes

I’m not sure lol Only a few of my babies have magnets, but I find myself not using them much. Some babies, like my Clyde, look so sweet with them that I do use them more often. But most times I find that they cover too much of the face and don’t use them. I’d buy a baby with or without magnets for a paci. I mostly use them for props, laying beside baby, so it’s not a huge deal if they don’t have a magnet.

I only add a pacifier if the baby has an’ interesting’ mouth like Celeste or if the customer asks for one…otherwise I don’t bother with them…I also only use the sweetheart shaped hunny bug pacifiers that have no magnet on the outside so that there is no damage done to the lips over time when I do use them…I have found that many ladies who collect for a long time don’t want them and it is usually the people who are new to reborns or the younger collectors that I have any request for them…not sure what other ladies do???

3 Likes

Thanks ladies.

I do pacifiers for all my babies; it’s never occurred to me not to, unless someone asks me not to. I glue a piece of white felt over the magnet on the paci so it doesn’t show.

9 Likes

When I do a baby without a pacifier I send an unaltered paci with a clip as a prop.

2 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea. Just pretend!!

I put a magnet in the ones I ship or plan to ship and send a modified pacifier. I did not put any in the 5 for my kids. And the Sofie we did, we just cut the pacifier nipple to fit in her mouth.

1 Like

I use a paci for all of my reborns. Even all of my babies in my personal collection either have magnets, tacky, or modified Paci’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have started adding a magnet to baby and modifying the paci. I cover the magnet with moleskin to protect the lips. I will remove the magnet, if requested.

3 Likes

Right now, I send a magnetic pacifier with all mine unless they can take a regular pacifier. I glue a very thin magnet where the nipple was and then cover it with moleskin to protect the lips. I also send a strict warning to keep the pacifier (and any magnetic hair ornaments) away from all children and pets. Magnets are easily swallowed if pried loose and might cause choking. If it goes down OK, swallowing only one might not be an issue and it would likely pass through fine. But swallowing more than one greatly increases the danger as they could easily adhere to each other and would likely result in major surgery. I don’t want any part of children or animals getting hurt!
I’ve been considering stopping using them though because there is really no guarantee of proper usage, and it’s something I do worry about.

1 Like

Me too :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I put them in all of my babies, just because a lot of people do like them. But my personal opinion, really doesn’t matter to me.

1 Like

I add them to all my babies unless it’s a customized basic baby.

1 Like

@Sony72 How do you dig out that area? I have tried and can’t get it out. I do use a paci though on all babies. I glue the magnet to it and put white felt over it. If they asked for no paci then I wouldn’t do it.

2 Likes

I use my hubby’s drill press and clean it up with a dremmel. You might be able to do the entire process with a dremmel.

3 Likes

Hmmmm maybe I need a dremmel lol

2 Likes

If I was buying a baby, I would want a magnetic paci:-) I have customers though… That do NOT want them. I have a lot of requests of putty pacis:-)

1 Like

I put a paci on all my babies

1 Like

Nik, I’m not sure exactly what a “putty” paci is? Do you just use that poster tack stuff to stick the paci to the mouth? If not what do you use? Doesn’t it effect the paint on the lips after a while?

1 Like