One more point for Americana Soft Touch varnish

I have a doll that I made a while ago. Someone inquired about it so I got it out. I keep a my finished dolls, with their clothes in the boxes they’ll be shipped in so they stay nice and clean. Anyway, I took this one out and it had gone sticky for some reason. So I sealed it with the Soft Touch Varnish. No more sticky. I love this product more every time I use it.

11 Likes

What sealer did you used before that went sticky?

2 Likes

I don’t remember, but it was an air dry one that I hadn’t had a previous problem with so I don’t know what the deal was with this one.

1 Like

I can’t wait to try mine :slight_smile:

Was your baby painted with GHSP and then sealed with air dry?

I got the lavender one but they’re both made by DecoArt so I don’t know if there’s any difference in the actual product. My babies are all painted with air dry.

If you very, very gently sand the texture with super fine sandpaper you should be able to get some of the gritty feel off. If it’s done super gently it doesn’t take off the paint. Then you can reseal with the Soft Touch. it won’t totally eliminate the rough feel but it will definitely help. I personally don’t like textured skin. Real babies are soft and silky.

1 Like

So the purple one is matte? Hm. Maybe I won’t have to go all the way up to Greenwood to get matte varnishes again…

None of the dolls I’ve sealed with the purple labeled Soft Touch are shiny. One has a very slight sheen and the others are matte. The one with the slight sheen I applied thinly with a brush and let it dry. The matte ones I applied thinly with a brush and blotted with a cosmetic sponge. Could you have applied it too thickly?

Where do u get the blue label one? Do u have to order online? Michael’s had the purple one but not the blue

I couldn’t find the blue label one so I bought the lavender. I love it. They’re both made by DecoArt and I think they’re probably pretty similar.

1 Like