Nuwave elite

I bit the bullet and purchased another nuwave bc it seemed my paint wasn’t curing. Now I see others having issues and for all I know it could have been the paint :persevere: but I digress. I now have another nuwave and this one doesn’t have the power level button. Do you all use the cook temp button instead?

1 Like

I haven’t heard of the Elite. I have a Pro Plus from five years ago. On mine I tap the cook time button and set it for 8 minutes, and then I tap the cook temp button and set it for 265, and then hit start. Not sure this Elite works the same way, but maybe. Try it carefully.

2 Likes

Okay thank you :slight_smile: I’ll give that a go with a test piece.

1 Like

Please let us know how it works out.

How much did that thing cost?

What kind of problems were you having
With paint?

My oven is a year old or so I select cook temp 265 then cook time 8 and hit start

Search on you tube on how to use the elite :slight_smile:

If you do find that your paint still isn’t curing after you try out your new oven, post about it on this thread. Hoping that people that have this issue with their paint realize what the issue really is.

2 Likes

press cook temp 265, press cook time 8, press start. I could do this with my eyes shut. :laughing:

2 Likes

@DollChick 115 brand new in box.

1 Like

@quiltsabunch I’ll have to run a test on them to see what went wrong. I purchased a new oven, but Haven’t had a chance to test out the colors I think I’m having issues with. It seems like ultramarine blue and flesh 02. It’s hard to say though bc I was using matte varnish when it started coming off and also my dome had a huge crack. There were a lot of variables at play. I kept painting layer after layer only noticing a slight change in color which caused me to add matte varnish hoping it would make the paint adhere more :woman_shrugging: This pic is what happened when I added the varnish. Flesh 02, raw umber, ultramarine blue, and matte were all purchased after pandemic. Some at DBS, some from DSR.

1 Like