Now I know

Now I know some people will not pay a lot for a reborn doll.And I will give a discount when needed.But at the same time I see people buying dolls from artist that charge way more than me.After they try to beg me to make them a doll for cheap.I’m not lowering my prices so you can sell my doll on ebay for double…We work hard on these dolls and the more you make the better you can get.Well sometimes because I’m still melting dolls and a king mistakes .But doll ladies we all understand the burned finger tips.Whoaaaa she hot and all the hrs we put in the doll.So I can truly say we make babies…lol.Happy new year to all and many blessings…

16 Likes

Happy New Year! Blessings to you and those beautiful dolls you will create in the new year.

2 Likes

Happy New Year!! Have a great baby making 2018!! :tada:

2 Likes

Happy New Year! Let’s claim 2018 as our year ladies. Lets all focus on improving our skills (no matter how good we already are) and make lots of babies :wink:

3 Likes

I have decided not to worry one bit about selling babies. I’m so slow at reborning anyhow, that if no one wants a baby from me, I will STILL take my pics I love, do my presentation that I do for my babies, and kindly box that sweetie up and set it aside for HOPEFULLY being able to have a booth at the doll show at a later year. To me, there is no rush. No rush painting them, no rush rooting them, and no rush selling them. If I were trying to make a living do this it would be stressful and not fun anymore. But since its a hobby, it allows me to relax from beginning to end and even not worry about the selling part. Its all about the journey :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m right where you are with this. I’ve still got a few babies I’ve never even listed, just cause I didn’t feel like it and/or I just like looking at them lol. I’ve got a few i’ll be auctioning next weekend cause they’re in my way, and the others I’ll list when I get around to it. No Rush either way.

6 Likes

Yes lolly

1 Like

Yes bless…hard to give them up

Ha bless you…just saw your last baby was beautiful

I’d love to know how you do your auction. I have a few who need new homes, as well.

1 Like

Happy New Year, @Toutlaw and everyone else, as well!

1 Like

I just create an event on my nursery page with a date, start and end time. I pin a post with the rules at the top then start adding the items that I want to auction. You can invite people from your friends list, individual groups, etc and allow them to invite others. People can bid as many times as they like on any item, and at the auction end the one with the highest bid gets the item. I did one last year with a bunch of baby clothes, it was alot of fun.

2 Likes

Do you set minimum prices? When you put up your auction, may I see it? It sounds interesting! Thanks for the information.

1 Like

I only did auction one time…But I didn’t understand how it works

This is an old one I did. See if it will let you go to the page.

I bought some baby clothes at @DancesWithDolls Auction. It was fun!

I think it’s time for me to unload again. I swear reborning turns you into a hoarder lol

3 Likes

My Hubby comes in my room every once in a while and says you are a Reborn Hoarder. Now that I’m packing to move it is even worse. I am trying to keep the things I use the most in a couple of bins along with a couple of kits. :unamused:

1 Like

LoL…and the stuff adds up right under your nose and you don’t even realize it.

2 Likes