NEW WINNER *Birthday Giveaway*

Happy Birthday Izzy! My best present was a Barbie doll. It was one of the first with it’s overly made up eyes and black and white striped bathing suit. I was over the moon. Being from a large family of 7 children it was a big deal!

3 Likes

Happy Belated Birthday Izzy. I’m so old, that I can’t remember a “best” birthday gift. LOL, Diane

1 Like

Happy belated bday IZZYPOP!:tada::heart:️:tada::heart:️:tada::heart:️:tada::heart:

1 Like

Thanks every one for the sweet birthday wishes! I love hearing about your favorite gifts. :heart:

3 Likes

Happy birthday! Would love to get my16 year old to play dollies! Hope your mom plays with you. My best birthday present was when I was five and spending the summer with my grandmother a thousand miles from home in the days when we didn’t even have a house phone. My grandmother pulled out a big box from my parents with a baby doll inside named Joanie. My middle name is Joan. Played with her up until about 16. Bobbsey twin books when I was eight were a close second. Worst present was when two if my big brothers gave me a bat, glove and ball for my ninth birthday…I am not athletic! And was deathly afraid if balls!

4 Likes

Happy birthday! My best birthday ever was when I was 18 and discovered Berjusa dolls. I wanted one so bad and my mom went and bought me one. When I got paid, all I could talk about was going to get the doll. My birthday is December 21 and my mom said she would take back all my adult Christmas presents if I bought a doll. Then on my birthday she handed me that doll. Best birthday ever.

3 Likes

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/skez520mia/media/HAPPY%20BIRTHDAY/hbd281Zer0.jpg.html][/URL]

3 Likes

Please don’t put me in the drawing; however,…I want to wish you a Happy Late Birthday. I have a large family. My parents made birthdays special with a dinner and a special day. We didn’t get presents. One morning as my dad was leaving for work. I told him it was my 4th birthday and asked for a present. He came home with an “Etch a Sketch”. My mother scolded him and then told me that I needed to share my present. That “Etch a Sketch” 50+ years old still works. I don’t use it as often, but am still willing to share.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday a little late, Izzy!

Don’t put me in your giveaway (you are a real sweet girl to even think of it) but I’d like to share my favorite gift moments:

When I was around 3, my mom made me a Raggedy Ann. We couldn’t afford a store bought one so she used scraps of fabric she had at home and stitched one herself. She didn’t have quite enough fabric for the black feet, so one little foot had a tiny triangle of red underneath. The morning she finished making it, she sat on the edge of my bed as I was sleeping. I awoke to see my mom putting the final stitch in the doll’s embroidered eye. I still remember that feeling of sheer joy at seeing the doll and the love on my mom’s face. I carried Raggedy Ann around the entire day. Years later I asked my mom what ever happened to the doll and she said I got so much use out of it there was nothing to save because I wore through the fabric. When I was 13 she gave me a store bought Raggedy Ann for my birthday. She thought I’d be mad (too old for dolls, you know) but I was so touched. I still have the doll and I’m 47.

When my mom turned 80 this year I gave her a reborn I made for her and she really loves it. I love hearing her gush about her “baby”.

I also love getting little hand made gifts from my son. He gave me a little wooden plaque he made at school a few years back that reads “Dear Mom, I love you because you do a lot of good things for me in my life.” It has a magnet behind it so I put it on my fridge so I can see it every day as I cook. And I loved the bracelet he made for me this year. He braided in beads with my name spelled out. OH, he also made a “button” for me a couple years back that reads “I love my son” with a cartoon type crayon drawing of him on it.

My son was a toddler and we got him a very large Thomas the Tank engine set for his birthday. When he came down the stairs the morning of his birthday, we had the entire living room floor covered in tracks with multiple trains travelling on it. The look on his face was priceless. He quietly went to the track and proceeded to pick up every single train off the tracks and tried to hold them all piled up in his arms.

6 Likes

Thanks ladies! These are so fun to read. :slight_smile:

One more day! I’ll be picking the winner first thing tomorrow morning. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My best birthday gift wasn’t really a gift. Someone actually remembered my birthday for once and wished me a happy birthday. I was 10 years old and it was my best friend that wished me a happy birthday. I don’t usually get any birthday gifts ever because my birthday is to close to Christmas. Growing up I would have to remind my mom it was my birthday on my birthday and she would tell to go pick a present from under the tree that is mine and I can open it. As I got older the desire to pick and open a present early from under the tree decreased and I quit reminding others about my birthday.

3 Likes

@Rnd210 My goodness, that always happened to me, too. I always got one of my Christmas presents for my birthday wrapped in Christmas paper, and my mom was too tired from baking to bake me a cake. One year, I had a red and green jello mold with a candle in it. My birthday is a few days before Christmas. I laugh about it now, but I remember feeling cheated when I was little. I never had to remind them it was my birthday, though.

2 Likes

My Birthday is December 23rd what is yours? I felt cheated too because my mom would get 4-5 presents for each of my siblings to open on their birthdays and they never even had to remind her of their birthdays. I think everyone over looked my birthday because they were always so stressed and worried about christmas. As an Adult, I don’t Celebrate my birthday and I am more focused on christmas for my kids.

4 Likes

My hubby’s is December 22. Most of his family’s b-days are in September. They always have a big party to celebrate all of theirs, but nothing for him. Just so wrong. :disappointed:

2 Likes

@Rnd210 My birthday is 9 days before Christmas. My hubby and I go out somewhere special for a good meal, and he makes my day special. My brother always calls to sing Happy Birthday to me. I guess us near Christmas babies all had pretty much the same experiences.

3 Likes

Not me. My birthday is December 28th. When we made the rounds of relatives I always got two gifts from everybody-1 for Christmas and 1 for my birthday. They might not have known the exact date but they new it was very close to Christmas. Birthday parties, on the other hand, always got snowed out. My favorite gift was the last doll i ever got from my parents. My mom thought I was too old but I really wanted it. I still have her.

4 Likes

We have a winner! @djjessie228 please PM me. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congratulations, @djjessie228!!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like