New PIF

Got my pif package from jeanhai. Thanks you so much for the wonderful goodies. So appreciated getting them. Now is my turn to host a.pif. I am a newbie for the most part. I started painting reborns because I loved all.the babies but.could not.afford to buy them all. I am a collector all the way and have.no intentions of selling babies. I have made ten babies but.gave a few to family members. So my question is what got you in to painting reborns. I will pick a winner Sunday night. So happy to have this.forum i have learned so much.from all everyone.:heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

I got into reborns when I was looking for a doll for my niece for christmas and couldn’t find many Asian dolls. I came across reborns and then found bountiful baby.

2 Likes

I had no intention of starting a new hobby (especially one this expensive and addictive, lol!) until my daughter discovered reborns last summer. After watching dozens of YouTube box openings, she decided she had to have one for Christmas. I started researching, and eventually purchased a custom Megan for her for Christmas, which she is in love with and still carries everywhere. After looking at all the amazing babies for sale while researching, I became obsessed! Then I discovered the starter kits, and figured I’d give it a try. I made my first baby the week after Christmas, and I’ve been hooked ever since! I’m working on baby number five at the moment, and I’ve still got a lot to learn, but everyone here’s been super helpful and supportive!

3 Likes

What got me into reborns 8 years ago what just that I was amazing at the art form!!

2 Likes

My story is almost pretty much identical to @Bec1273 except I finished my first the week before Christmas. I am currently on my fifth baby. My daughter did the same, watched videos on YouTube and asked for one for Christmas. I was able to purchase two reborns at a very reasonable price to give her as a gift for Christmas. They must have someone’s first painter dolls but she loves them almost more than the more realistic ones I’ve been able to create. I’ve never seen what a quality reborn looks or feels like so I don’t know how well I’m doing, but I’m completely addicted.

2 Likes

I have ptsd and depression. My youngest is special needs. Everything felt so out of control. I felt like I was spiralling. One of my very best friends was reborning. She got me into it. And it gives me a way to control things. To not feel so out of control. Ive been addicted ever sense.

3 Likes

I have loved dolls all my life, have around 50 porcilin (sp) 200 or so cabbage patch and 10 or so reborns and about 15 play dolls. around 2008 while buying cabbage patch online came across reborns. Not knowing what to expect bought a couple cheap ones (you get what you pay for) lol. Well decided i could do that good at least so did my research and been hooked since. I have only made around 20 or so with other life in the way and a big patch of depression where i didnt paint for 2 years to 3 years I am totally hooked. I just recently switched to liquitex paints so have a new learning curve but I am getting there. I am an addicted kit hoarder. LOL
Judy

2 Likes

I always wanted to make reborns and bought one at a doll show but didn’t start to make them until many years later. Then I had my daughter and decided to make them for her because it’s easier to do for our kids then ourselves, she was my perfect excuse to get started.

1 Like

I got into them while making and selling photography props. I seen some photos of them and became intrigued. I ordered my first and though… I bet I can do this, lol.

1 Like

Iam a foster parent of 6 girls aging from 2-12 and they all wanted them for Christmas so I looked them up and decided real quick I could not afford these babies and I ended up on this form and just thought to myself I can do this ! So I order kits and paints And now that’s all I want to do is make them for myself … I have gave a few away . They were great practice.

1 Like

I got in to reborning because I have always loved dolls. I never played with them when I was a child, I was a big tom-boy. So I have all my dolls from my childhood. I keep hoping I will have a granddaughter one day. All I have is grandsons.

1 Like