Name of your nursery?

I’m Karen’s Kreations ~ didn’t start out as a reborner, started out “kreating” dress sets for Himstedts, got into reborning and kept the name. I’ve changed the logo from time to time, but like my new one, so will probably keep it till I get tired of it. :grin:

My old and my new logos:

6 Likes

I have tried a lot of names. First I was SAINTNICKSNURSERY, which I thought was hilarious because I told my mom I sainted myself. BUT… Saint nick’s reborns… All my friends thought I was organizing some sort of religious cult. :flushed: then I tried BRIARPATCH BABIES, which I loved because it reminded me of the child’s book. Then… One night I was talking to my mom and sister and I said I needed to consult the Dalai Lama, and somehow that turned into DOLLYMAMA. I loved it, got a webpage and changed it all over the place. I love it because it makes me laugh… :heart:

7 Likes

Karen… I don’t believe I would ever leave that room. :heart:

6 Likes

Before I started reborning, I was making children’s clothes and accessories under Lollipop Corner Boutique working I’m my little corner of our home. When I started reborning, I stuck with Lollipop and I love cradles so it’s Lollipop Cradle.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t either @nikkiroc ~ my dream room, for sure :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Nik----I love it too!!!

2 Likes

I sure hope not. Thank you.

Geez Helen, I was shocked to hear this----here I thought I was soooo original!!! Maybe I’m NOT as weird as I think I am or maybe all us Scots are one and the same???

2 Likes

That;s a great idea, I actually have a Scottish doll my Grandma gave me for my 8th birthday----maybe I could take a picture of that and put it on a business card, that would be a great rememberance of my “Maw” too. Thanks for the idea.

1 Like

Blimey, what a small world. My family tree goes back to King Robert the Bruce too! Apparently, we’re descended from his brother x

3 Likes

My nursery name is Doodlebug Nursery. My dad called called me Doodlebug for as long as I can remember. He shortened it to “Bug” as I got older but Doodlebug sounds better. :wink: He died about a month before I got into reborning. I bought a reborn that I fell in love with and in one of the pics she was wearing a onesie with a doodlebug on it. Actually, it’s a ladybug but that’s what I always associated with doodlebug. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My nursery name is PJ’s Little Cuddles Nursery. My dad calls me PJ which is my name Paula Joy and Paula means little one, so that is where the Little came in. My first puppy name was Cuddles. I even file my tax returns that way. I wonder what the IRS thinks :smiley:

6 Likes

Those wings are gorgeous.

2 Likes

I love them too…I didn’t make them and only found the pic on the internet but they are symbolic of the style I had intended to use had I followed through with the butterfly baby theme… :smile:

1 Like

I called my nursery Barefeet Baby Boutique, my husband actually named it. He said I’m always barefoot and working on babies and I usually send my babies out barefoot too. I really thought he had a great name so thats what I called it. :footprints:

5 Likes

Mine is RebornReflections because I feel like you see a reflection of a baby in the dolls. I have always loved the idea of a nursery but I couldn’t find a good name.

5 Likes

Wow, there are some really lovely nursery names on this thread…love reading through them and learning their origins… :smile:

2 Likes

Mine is Reborn Newborn Nursery

2 Likes

Lynn, did I ask you this before? (senile!) Do you have an accent?

2 Likes

No----I have been in America most of my life. I came here as a toddler. My parents never lost their brogue. My Father and Sister are gone now but mom is still going strong and so is her brogue. I grew up in a house where most of my friends couldn’t understand my parents, they would look at me and say “what did they just say” it always seemed weird since I never heard the accent. Sometimes mom tries to curb her brogue and sound more like an American, it doesn’t work, and I tell her : “Don’t do that, people love the accent” but she’s afraid people don’t understand her, and sometimes they don’t. I wish I still had a Scottish accent though.

4 Likes