My version of 'Pearl'.... NOT

I ordered Pearl. She came in a bag that said Pearl and a COA that said Pearl. So I start to paint her and can’t figure out why she doesn’t look like other Pearls. I even commented on a few Pearl threads that mine is not coming out as nice as those. When finished I figured I did the worst paint job ever because I never got that bottom lip right. I put her out there for a lower price then I normally would for a full rooted head because I thought she was ugly.

This is where it gets embarrassing. I started getting all kinds of messages saying that she was not Pearl. One person told me it was Kelsey. So I looked up sold out Kelsey and sure enough, this doll is Kelsey. Total mess up on this one on BBs part. I was sent Kelsey in a Pearl bag with a Pear COA. I quickly changed her name all over the place and on reborns . com. Luckily she sold very quickly and is heading to her new home today with no COA. Lesson learned, check my kits closely when they arrive.

14 Likes

Oh wow! Well you did a great job, she’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Whoever she is she’s gorgeous! Best Kelsey I’ve seen!

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! A happy accident, as Bob Ross used to say. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I seen that post on Facebook. I thought you just put the wrong name by accident.

2 Likes

Did you contact BB? I bet they would have corrected their mistake.

1 Like

She looks beautiful! One of my favorite versions of her

1 Like

Happened to me once, ordered Tanner and received Tanner limbs and of all things a Rebekah head. Totally bazaar, sold the head separately and still have Tanner limbs. I always check all parts now.

2 Likes