My reaction to Vicente

Have any of you reborn Vicente? I got my kit today and just could not contain my silly reaction to him. He’s huge!
I grabbed the phone and did a live video even though I was tired and a mess after running errands/grocery shopping etc. all day.
edited:----
Well I tried to put the link in here but apparantly FB has some kind of block now where they won’t let their videos be linked outside of them. Good grief! If you want to see it go to my FB Lil Dumplins page.

4 Likes

I freaking love Vicente. I sold mine at the Kansas Doll Show. I didn’t get many good pics of him before the show though. So I will probably make another one. I’m a weirdo and loved rooting that big head.

7 Likes

How did I miss you in Kansas? I did not see that baby! He is adorable! I cannot imagine rooting that big head! I can’t root much any more it hurts my hand so much. So I just paint hair now. I would love to have that big head full of hair though.

1 Like

Thank you. I was right beside @ellakabella. I saw you walk by a couple of times. But it was too crowded to stop you. Vicente was dressed in a Max costume (where the wild things are.) I think he sold Sunday morning…I can’t remember for sure.

1 Like

I am at the tail end of painting this one! Adorable sculpt, thinking of going back for another! I will root mine and as you know that is alot of landscape to cover so it will be awhile before he is done but I am excited to see yours! Will you start him right away? x

1 Like

OH wow I am so sorry I missed you! I did not realize you were there and I hope you do no tthink me rude. I would not know you if I saw you by appearance so I would not have recognized you. I am terrible at remembering/knowing who is who here. I apoloize.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see yours! It will probably be a bit before I start him. I am on break right now for holidays and in Jan when I start back I simply must tackle all these silicones I have been holding onto! I am getting concerned I have had one of them (My Cookie) a year now in August and simply must get to them. In addition to Cookie I have 2 Melody Hess cuddle heads, FB Angel, FB Rona and Partial Sleepy Gina all to be done. Once I get all those done I will be able to focus on my vinyls more. I think when it comes to silicones as much as I love them I need to just do one every once in a while and not get money tied up in them. Too much expense and harder to sell. Also you need to paint them quick as you can and I just have too much going on to be under time pressures.

2 Likes

I ordered 2 just to get free shipping from Tru Born, but I also love him so much so I don’t mind!
He is not bigger than Big Realborn Joe or June. Itwill be fun to dress him. I am not planning to root him, but I need to get better at my painted hair to do him justice.
Can’t wait to see yours! We can probably take photo in NC together with them :wink:

2 Likes

I have not seen big Joe in person and I had June but sold the blank kit then bought one already reborn. I just wasn’t expecting Vicente to be this big but I like him. I too ordered the 2nd kit I got so I could get free shipping! LOL!

2 Likes

Finished mine! x

13 Likes

O wow you rooted that big head!
Beautiful baby boy!
I actually got 2 kits but ended up selling one to a gal who messed hers up on a custom and really needed it. So I have one to do.

1 Like

So sweet!

1 Like

What a beautiful boy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i have a question: for the photography how did you wrapped the screen that way? It looks so good!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I wish I had bought a few of this kit. I posted him on reborns and he literately sold in 5 mins! x

1 Like

Thanks. I use one of these photo stands. My hunny made mine so if you or someone you know is handy you can save a lot doing it yourself because they are pretty pricey online for what they are. I have a 2 by 4 foot wheeled stand I built mine around. I really love it. I have been using it for a few years now. Never a bad pic! xx

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like