My PIF How do YOU do it?!

I love the fact that no matter how long you’ve been reborning, you never stop learning. Everyone does things uniquely. I challenge you to share your tips whether it be what you use to help you through your painting journey or how you create your milk bumps, capallaries, scratches, ears, what colors you use for creases etc! It can be anything. I want to leave this PIF open for a little while because painting is time consuming and I want everyone to be able to join in when they can! Don’t be afraid to post some pictures! I’ll start it off. Good luck ladies and happy reborning :slight_smile:

I use a puppy pad instead of paper towels for messes and I borrowed some of my sons Build a Tent supplies to make a drying rack!

I found this dog brush to use for mohair

11 Likes

They have oil pencils? Interesting!

1 Like

I have a wine glass rack that I love for drying parts! :smiley:

5 Likes

Using a puppy pad is pure genius! Gonna have to steal that idea from you. :wink: I guess my tip would be to use checklists so you don’t forget anything when packing up your baby. I have forgotten many things that were suppose to be in the box so I made up a simple checklist with all of it and then bought self laminating sheets at the dollar tree. I use a white board marker to check it all off and then clean them off with windex for the next baby. They are resuable and I haven’t been forgetting things.

8 Likes

That’s pretty genius too!

1 Like

@DDDolly are these it?

3 Likes

@Kate that’s why I made this challenge lol :slight_smile:️ And that is a great idea! I have a mini dry erase board but I like that idea much better

1 Like

@nimlet that is way too funny! How much is it to ship to the US for you? I don’t think I’ve ever shipped anything to the UK before

2 Likes

@DDDolly that’s perfect! I’ve tried and failed miserably with painting tiny details, I would much rather draw them on so thank you! It’s officially on my supply list.

@nimlet that’s really not bad at all. I just sent a package to TX and it was $9

1 Like

I lay down an old bed sheet as a drop cloth. I also recycled plastic gallon tubs from ice cream (the lids seal well, and you can stack them) and store my paints, brushes, wedges, clippers, razor blades, etc. in them. (I have to put everything away each time due to small kidlets)

Also I reuse the little ziploc type bags stuff comes in from BB… I take a little bit of mohair and put it in the little bags so I have some for eye lashes for prisma hair babies and baldies, then I dont have to get the big sections of hair out for just eyelashes.

I also use a toothpick to do the nail tips… it is much easier for me.

*please dont enter me. Thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I purchased a white ceramic deviled egg platter at Target to use for my paints. I believe it has 18 wells. Just the right size for mixing paints. Easy to clean up, and only $8.00. Works beautifully!

Susan

14 Likes

When we use wedges for a final sealer they get hard on the surface. Instead of throwing them away, we cut a layer off. Then it’s like new again.

When using gloss we give it texture. For example, use a paint brush to put lines on lips. Or pounce it with a chunk of torn wedge, on eyelids, to make them moist looking, but not shiny. You can even use your fingertips to give texture on gloss, and take shine away.

Always put your glass bead bag behind the eye and nose area of the head, so the baby’s head falls natural. If it’s at the back of the head, it will fall in an unnatural way.

Thanks for all the neat tips on here so far!

8 Likes

@allhisgrace great tips! I never thought of pouncing gloss on the eyes. My gloss wouldn’t shine after I baked it so someone said to use Aleens paper glaze instead

1 Like

This is my “drying rack”. I got it at walmart for $6 and it folds up when not in use! It is meant for baby bottles.

This is just my OCD but I use these wedges for my mottling. I use the blue for the blue, purple for purple, and so on… not really a tip, just sharing some OCD life…lol

7 Likes

Now I’m gonna be swinging my baby through the air lol bat there’s gonna be lots of them swinging lol

3 Likes

YES, I bought an egg shaped devil egg holder for 50 cents after easter…it works great, the wells are deaper.

3 Likes

I use my lose hair for rooted eyelashes. When I’m ready for the eyelashes I just pass my fingerhair throw my hair and grab the lose once.

5 Likes

I use hospital pads, :blush::blush::blush: I order them from a medical supply store really cheap, I also ordered a bunch of empty plastic containers and when I mix my own colors that I come up with, I put them in the container so I have them on hand.

4 Likes

Where did you get those?

1 Like

@nimlet I was wondering why that happened to my baby number 2, now I will be flicking, thanks for that tip. All of the tips are great for Newbies, thanks everyone and @Jessejuice for asking the question.

4 Likes