My new workspace!

Nobody had room for it in his family. Grandparents have recently retired from their self employed business- first grandkid is my husband so we got lucky! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What a great idea to use it as a picture frame! So creative!
I am more contemporary city girl, but appreciate the art of displaying old things neatly. Great job!

Why would you want to cover a natural wood with so much character?

It was my mother in law’s gift to me. She received it from my aunt many years ago- she was so thoughtful to hand my own family’s heirloom down to me! I since got 4 more from my grandma and have been giving them as wedding gifts! I like modern too but this old house needs old things. I’m more of a Victorian goth decor style myself. My bedroom has black walls!

1 Like

I would only put the pattern in a small area just for different photo options :blush:

1 Like

My paint drawer :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

That’s perfect! Do you think you should put something waterproof on the bottom of the drawer ‘just in case’?

3 Likes

I was thinking about getting the rubber cabinet liner for all the drawers. I want to do the peel and stick but afraid to!

1 Like

I wouldn’t do peel and stick. That glue is really hard to get off.

1 Like

Thats awesome, nice, big, retro, workspace :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW…lucky YOU!!! I love it…and you’ve got so much space to store things in!!!

It’s PERFECT!!!

1 Like

It is so lovely! My old house was built partly in 1860 and the rest in 1887. I still own the house, but it is rental now and I moved to a modern house in the suburbs. I keep thinking about moving back though. I miss the 12 foot ceilings and walking everywhere. If I move back I am going to be on the hunt for a desk like yours. I have an antique desk, but mine is a tiny writing desk.

2 Likes

That is an amazing desk, and so functional, what a great gift.

1 Like

I am soo jealous :heart_eyes: your new workspace is beautiful and so functional!

1 Like

Aww that’s really nice of them. It’s a great work space!

1 Like

Love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Very retro :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks! I was a little worried about the size, but it is just right for me!

1860! Wow! It’s amazing to me the way all these houses hold up. They don’t make them like they used to. There is so much work to be done on this old house but we are taking it slow. I love my tall ceilings!

Thanks! I’m going to have my grandma write my labels in calligraphy- hers is better than mine :slightly_smiling_face:. It’s a little weird not having to get up and go fetch things while I’m painting. It’s literally all in there!

1 Like