My new workspace!

My husband’s grandparents passed their old work desk down to me to use as my workspace. It’s about 100 years old and has a roll top. I have spent the day organizing all my things into it and soon I will label the drawers! I can’t wait to use it! Just had to share! Look how big it is compare to Laila and Skya’s heads!

36 Likes

Nice! They look like minis! lol

1 Like

That is absolutely gorgeous work space! And all those drawers, on my…!

1 Like

Thank you! The very top middle is my favorite. It holds all the certificates! Believe it or not, there are 8 babies in the three bottom right drawers! This thing is massive.

4 Likes

That is wonderful and absolutely perfect!

My husband asked which drawers he could use for keys, bills, etc. I said none! Find your own space! Lol. I need all those :wink:

4 Likes

I LOVE that desk. Definitely protect it well. It might be a valuable piece of furniture. Perfect workspace, though.

1 Like

I don’t think they make them like that any more. Nice! Maybe a glass pane over the top would help protect the wood finish.

1 Like

Yes! I always use them!!! I love pee pads.

1 Like

I know! It’s so sturdy. Missing a few things here and there but just perfect. The roll top actually works too! I was thinking plexiglass might work!

1 Like

Thanks! It has so much character down to the cigar burns from the original owner laying them on the edge. My husband looked them up and definitely very valuable. I am very grateful to have received such a piece of history :slightly_smiling_face: The window above the desk is an old window from my grandparent’s house. I’m a sap! I love old things!

2 Likes

Old cigar burns…such character.

8 Likes

I love old things, too. I like owning a tiny piece of someone else’s life history. Making a collage frame out of the window was genius! It looks great.

2 Likes

My other favorite piece is my giant oak mantle that was removed from my parent’s 1870 home. My house was built in 1903 so it fits in just right :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I lived in a 1906 house for 11 years. It was my favorite place I’ve ever lived. So much character and history. I had to move when it was sold. I cried when they told me they were putting it on the market. I still miss that house and it’s been 14 years.

2 Likes

I love old houses. We have so many weird things- a dumb waiter (it’s boarded over), an old doorway converted into kitchen shelving…etc. But luckily the word work is all intact- and not painted!!! I hope to stay here forever.

If anyone is good at identifying wood, I would love to know what it is made of!

That is super nice!

Yeah, plexiglass would be perfect!

I could even put a pretty print underneath!

3 Likes