My Kenzie is ruined (update)

Can someone tell me the best way to take away this stains. I put her in a box to keep her away from my cat’s kittens and when I went to get her out after the last kitten left I found her legs like this. :sob: if I get the stains out I’ll just sell her. I wasn’t a collector but I already have kept 4 dolls, which I don’t have the time or space for. I am already using my extra space to reborn and materials so the dolls end up all over the place and this is what happens to them. It makes me so sad.

5 Likes

Oh, no. I don’t have any experience with this issue, hopefully a more Veteran reborner will be able to assist. So sorry this has happened

1 Like

Try zit cream (10% benzoyl peroxide) and sunshine. Spread it on the stains and leave it in the sun.

4 Likes

Thanks

I bought this one I hope it works.

It should. Let us know how it turns out.

1 Like

I’ll keep you posted. I hope it works. If it doesn’t work I’ll be giving her to my mother in-law for Christmas. She won’t mind.

1 Like

If she puts tights on her, nobody will see them anyway. The one on the thigh actually looks like a birthmark and long socks would cover the other one but I think the zit cream will probably work. Nice mottling on this baby, BTW.

1 Like

yes, it should work, I normally use OXY10, but the active ingredient is the same. Spread it thickly and put by the window in the sun. Check after few hours, and re-apply as needed.
Always put dolls on white or very light bunny rug. What was the leg touching?.

1 Like

She was inside a box. There was nothing else in it and it didn’t have any writing like some box do that is why I thought she was going to be okay in there for a few weeks. But sadly she wasn’t.

Sorry about your beauty hope it all comes out I have one that was in a booster seat too long and was bruised . She still is I dressed her in tights and long sleeves to cover her bruised arm and keep anymore from happening.
I tried all the suggestions on here including tooth paste and magic eraser none worked on her .

1 Like

Did you try OXY 10? It worked for me everytime I tried it. The 1st time I found out about it was for old plastic doll that got purple on her from purple tissue paper, and it was stained for many years; I tried everything, it looked sunk deep into the plastic; it came out with OXY10 easily

3 Likes

I put all my kits in 2 gallon Ziploc bags before storing them anywhere but I’m not sure even that’s a guarantee.

1 Like

That’s so sad. It is frustrating to see a doll that took so much work and dedication be ruined.

1 Like

I have read on here where people have had some very good results using the acne cream and other things I tried everything the spy glass suggested when it happened and nothing worked for mine.
But with so many others having such great luck with theirs I am betting you will as well :smile: so don’t give her up for lost .

1 Like

Thanks. I won’t. It wasn’t sunny today but I already see them lighter. It seems like is working. Now they look like black and blues. They don’t look black anymore

3 Likes

That’s great mine never even lightened enough to see a difference so it looks like you will be in the success side :smile:

1 Like

Some stubborn stains can take few days, but sun does speed the process up. So fingers crossed for nice weather. Also, I cover the stain so thickly that I cannot actually see it and have to wipe it off to check.

2 Likes

Looking better. Yay!

the one on her left leg is almost gone :open_hands:

6 Likes

Yay!!! Is working is almost gone. I think that if I buy a better option it would go away.

1 Like