My first time trying to do hair!

I was so scared to try hair of any type! But I took the plunge today :joy: I can see where I went wrong in spots…but it’s my first time and I’m pleased with it. I used light umber and dark brown prisma pencils.

11 Likes

I don’t think it turned out too bad…I’m jealous that you actually overcame your fear and tried it. I really want to paint hair myself, but have been really afraid to try it. Seeing how yours turned out is making me want to give it a shot, because I would be happy if mine at least turned out like yours for a first attempt.

3 Likes

I think that’s a darn good first try.

5 Likes

Agree with these comments. Good on you for jumping in and giving it a go! I’ve seen worse that wasn’t first tries, not bad at all. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think you did a good job.

3 Likes

You did a fantastic job!!

2 Likes

Looks pretty good to me!

2 Likes

I think it looks really good for a first try! I’ve seen a LOT worse on a first try. I might try it on that fawna kit I have. Thank you for the inspiration to try it!

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone!! :blush:

2 Likes

I would only hope my first try would be that good! I think you did great!

2 Likes

Thank you! I was so scared to try it lol this is my 5th baby and the other four I left bald because I chickened out :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I have not tried to paint or draw hair but I think it looks good for your first try.

3 Likes

Looks good

3 Likes

Not bad for your first time. Looks way better than mine did.

3 Likes

I’ve been painting hair for almost 8 years and I still chicken out. It is still the most challenging thing for me to do in reborning, and sometimes a finished baby will sit for weeks until I work up courage to paint hair. It’s my least favorite part.

2 Likes