My first baby....WIP Sadie

I painted her with the master set of Luminaire air dry paints. I still have the eyelashes, eyebrows and hair left. I plan on painting the eyebrows and rooting hair I bought from Angora Mohtique. I am not real confident on doing the eyelashes. I may have to ask my husband to help me.

He has been pretty super with all this doll business. He even came up with a nursery name for me, buzz on by “Bumblebee’s reborn babies”. I can still hear the buzz sound effects in my head. LOL

11 Likes

I think your doll is great – especially for the first one! Keep it up – keep on making dolls and practicing. Then, in maybe 1 or 2 years you can look at this baby and the ones you are doing then and see how far you have come. :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing this with us.

2 Likes

Thank you…

Eyelashes on the closed eye babies are easy, and this is comes from the person who does not roote hair, but I can do eyelashes :).
I was in your shoes just 2,5 months ago and was asking for advices and criticism. So please forgive me my honesty but I would work on colols a little bit more. Unless your picture does not show it clearly, if I would be you I would add blues and purples, more mottling, more highlights and blushing. But if you absolutely happy how she looks, please disregards my comment.

1 Like

The picture is not the greatest. She looks so much better in person.

1 Like

I bought eyelashes from BB. Can someone recommend a good tutorial for applying the eyelashes?

Very nice job! Keep up the great work and I love your Nursery name!

Hi
I am new to reborning. I will be using Luminaire air dry paints. How do you like the Luminaire paints?

1 Like

It’s probably easier to root the lashes than to try to glue them on a closed eyed baby. Just stick the needle in the crease of the lid and follow it , glue on the inside and trim them off.

I used Luminaire a long time ago… be careful to seal it really well. I thought I did, but then my dolls faded to a grayish color in storage. I switched to BabyFX and RebornFX years later and never had any trouble with those.

2 Likes

I like my luminaire paints but if you purchase the master set like I did be sure to purchase the vinyl prep, Pyrole Red #2 and ultramarine blue.

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you for the tip. I purchased the Pyrole Red #2 and ultramarine blue.

My Luminaire paints are delayed, Are your luminaire paints sticking and not rubbing off? I have read where some that have used the paints that the paint rubbed off. Do you have a picture of a finished baby that you have painted?

I have 2 that I am rooting right now. Sadie (blondie) is the first baby I painted. This picture does her color no justice. Kaya (dark hair) is my second. I showed my husband her kit when I got her and he said “that is one ugly baby. Why did you pick that one.”" She looks better with hair. I haven’t had any problems with the paint rubbing off. I sealed her with the Shine Reduction Sealer before I started rooting. This has been a trial and error process with me. If you have any other questions about the paint I will try to answer them the best I can.

1 Like

I think their color is beautiful. I am getting excited to get my paints, I think you are doing a great job!

Thank you

I love the painting part of reborning, Except eyebrows - I have decided I am going to root the eyebrows instead of painting or drawing them on. I don’t mind rooting the hair, I actually kind of like it, except I am not very good at it yet. I keep breaking my needles.

Did you use water to thin the paint or the Luminaire thinner to thin the paint?

I used water. Miracle Babies Nursery did 4 tutorials on you tube for painting with Luminaire Paints. Earlier this year she started another series of tutorials on painting with air dry paints. I found both tutorial series very helpful. Then when I got my paints I painted my first doll along with the tutorials.

1 Like

On the series she Started this year she reburned a baby from start to finish. I really liked this series and refer back to often.