My DD (20 months) has seen the babies

Mail has arrived and my little girl is fascinated with the babies.
I might be silly for thinking this can be a craft for me with small child. But I am so excited to be able to get started.

12 Likes

Awe, I have a 4 year old at home, this year she started preschool and is gone Mon Wed Fri from 9 to 11:30 so that is my time to reborn during the day and I root at night. Then after she gets home from school my 9 month old niece comes over a few times a week bc I babysit her. I started this when my daughter was 2 and during the day I didn’t have much time to reborn but I stayed up after she went to bed at night or just painted a little while she napped. It took me over a year to complete my first one when she was that little! Next year she will be going to kindergarten so I will have more free time to reborn of I want to. It’s not impossible to do with a toddler at home but it is hard, especially when you start to paint and have to stop and all you want to do is work on that kit! Good luck and have fun! And welcome to this addicting hobby and to the forum!

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! It is nice to know I am not the only mom of a preschooler here. I am thinking that nap time and the evenings will be my friend.

I have 5 kids, 2 full day school, 1 half day kindergarten, 1 half day preschool, and 1 toddler at home. They have done well to not touch much when painting. But I do have to put everything back up in the cupboard/storage area everyday… so that is a little annoying… lol

2 Likes

I have a 29 month old girl all I do if she wakes up while I’m painting is pull out her washable paints and give her some test parts to paint with me :slight_smile: She loves it and will cry if I get done and try to clean up and take away her paints lol.

3 Likes

Thanks. She is a sweetie. She is trying to figure it out what is up with the eyes.

1 Like

That is an awesome idea with the paints. She likes to draw and color all the time, I bet she would like to paint with mom. I am using Genisis paints, but I have tons of acrylics and kid paints too. I might could find her a baby doll kit at hobby lobby or something so she doesn’t feel left out.

3 Likes