My daughter may have made my first sale!

So, we were at the fabric store today and my daughter brought Rosebud and Kase with us. They caused quite a stir and got lots of attention. One of the young ladies cutting fabric actually knew what a Reborn was and was explaining it to people. Well, a very nice lady asked if she could have my number and keep in touch, in case I had any to sell. She was especially admiring Kase. We echanged numbers and now I need to figure out which dolls I can part with (or my daughter can part with) and give her a few to choose from.

I really had decided that I was only going to pursue this as a hobby, since I am very insecure about how good my babies really are. Well, I don’t mind selling from the ones that are finished, since there’s no pressure to finish them and people can see them in person and decide for them selves.

I think I am going to let her choose from Kase, Thomas and Celeste. We didn’t discuss price, so I don’t know if she will chicken out, but I have her number, so I can text the photos with prices and then the ball is in her court.

I know that no one likes to set prices for other people, but does anyone have any opinions? I was thinking $175 for Thomas, $200 for Kase and $225 for Celeste (she has a belly plate).

9 Likes

That’s wonderful, congratulations! It’s a good sign that your dolls generated so much interest, that should definitely boost your confidence!

1 Like

good luck !!! I hope you can have some sales. cute baby’s :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the interest they stirred up! Those prices are great!

1 Like

Thank you all. I think I’ll still be nervous until after the sale. I haven’t texted her the photos and prices yet. I should just pull the trigger and do it. I’m worried that I don’t have a birth certificate for him. I do have a pacifier and a modified bottle that I can give her. Although, she may not even know they exist!

2 Likes

Yes, indeed! I didn’t receive a Birth Certificate with the reborn I purchased. I paid $250 for that one.

1 Like

Thanks Amy. That’s good to know. I did explain to all of the ladies at the fabric shop that I was just a beginner and had not sold any yet. They were all telling me to set up a website and go ahead and sell them. It was very encouraging, but as you know, this is very time consuming and I do have a full-time job and as a single mom, I just don’t have as much time to devote to it as I would like.

I think this will give me the confidence to sell the dolls as I finish them, just so I won’t have a house full of babies and no room for anything else!

2 Likes

I make my own birth certificates on my computer. I put them on tag board with storks and decorations and they are quite nice, try it.

You may be a little more creative than I. LOL. However, I did find these free printable ones and just sent an online order in to FedEx/Kinkos to have some printed. We’ll see what they look like for a few bucks.

http://rebornbaby.angelfire.com/certs_and_gifs/index.album/if-you?i=0

These are the three I chose.

3 Likes

I just sent her a text with photos and prices. I’m just going to go to bed and not worry about it. If she calls/texts, that’s great, if not, that’s great, too. If this goes, well, I might touch base with the school secretary that said she wanted one when we took the first one in to school to show off. If nothing else, I can fund my hobby and afford more kits. Uh, not that I need any at the moment. I went through a kit buying frenzy this summer and may not need to buy any kits for at least a year. Not that that will actually stop me,but I’m sure you ladies know what I mean :wink:

3 Likes

Picked up the printed birth certificates. While they are very cute, the picture quality is rather pixelated. Perhaps they were not meant to be a full 8 1/2 x 11 inches. I will still use them.

1 Like

So just an update. The lady texted me back and was very nice. She was not expecting such a high price and is not able to spend that much on herself with Christmas coming up. Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. She did ask if she could share the photos with some of her friends and I said that was fine. At least now I have a price in mind, so if someone asks, I’ll just throw out the price without missing a beat and leave it at that.

2 Likes