My confidence is shot!

I am just getting back in the swing of making dolls after a break between back surgery, making things for my granddaughter and what I now think was a depressed cycle. I thought that I was making some progress and two of my friends seem to think they look great. But the last few days, another friend has been staying here before she moves. And while she is always hard to deal with (my family can’t stand her but she needs friends), the last few days she has been constantly cutting down how my dolls look. To the point of me wondering if I need to give up doing this. I’m in the middle of making 3 for a friend, rooting one of the twin Sams and making pacis. I didn’t want to just sit there and do nothing all day. She get aggravated if I get on the computer, or even out of the room. I know she is lonely (long story) and that she is leaving (tomorrow???) but just wish she wasn’t so vocal about how ugly and deformed they are. Just wondering how you guys deal with bad feedback?

She does sound toxic but it also sounds like she’s jealous that she can’t paint like you do. So don’t let this affect your confidence on painting dolls. people that are jealous are often criticizing things they can’t do themselves. I would just let it roll off my back and keep making dolls. You enjoy it and that’s all that matters. Julie

I’ve seen your babies and u are good at it they come out beautiful.sounds like shes jealous .ignore her commits.and get her out of your house someone like that well bring u down so far and u dont need that.keep making beautiful babies.

I’m so sorry you are dealing with this “friend.” People talk way too much; she needs to learn that if she can’t say something nice maybe she shouldn’t say ANYTHING.

Do NOT let her get you down!

Get her out of your house and out of your way and go make all the babies you want!!!

You’ve got this, girlfriend.

(((HUGS)))

Oh interesting- my 4 year old can be like that too - definitely jealous that you aren’t paying attention to her. That is a lot of stress for you- please take care of yourself.

DJ, It sounds like your friend has a problem and not you. The only thing that looks ugly and deformed is her mouth and her attitude. Don’t let her ruin what you love doing. You know you do great work and don’t let anyone convince you that you don’t. A true friend would support you.

— Begin quote from “rainbow”

DJ, It sounds like your friend has a problem and not you. The only thing that looks ugly and deformed is her mouth and her attitude. Don’t let her ruin what you love doing. You know you do great work and don’t let anyone convince you that you don’t. A true friend would support you.

— End quote

My thought exactly. One of my best friends can’t even be in the same room with my reborns because they give her the “creeps”. But at the same time she’s extremely supportive of everything I do, including them - that’s what friends do.

You guys have no idea how much your support and friendship mean. I know that someone cares and understands! She left this morning for FL to live with her son…sorry, floridians! I was worn down by the time she left. I feel like God wants us to be there even for the people who drive us crazy but I couldn’t have handled much more! So sad to be glad a friend leaves!

It’s good she’s gone and you can get back to normal. Don’t let her criticisms bother you, they come from a bad place in her, and she’s probably unknowing how much it hurts. I do think you should think twice about having her back since she’s so unhealthy for you and your family. You have plenty of people who love and support you, don’t let this one get you down. You are good and you know it!

Thanks for your support! I haven’t been doing as much as I want to this summer but plan to get back at it again. It has been nice to enjoy the peace today!

Hun we have talked about her and she is bitter and lonely and trying to keep you from doing the things you love. Ignore her and keep creating. This is what keeps us going! I have not been able to be here often anymore since we were needing some extra cash and now the governement has shut down hubby will not drill this month and so this is another paycheck we are short. I have had to work a lot. Hugs I miss you email me.

With friends like that one, you don’t need enemies!!! We can’t take care of others so much that we harm ourselves if they don’t try to help themselves. Enjoy every day of your life and do what makes you happy!

Thanks for the encouragement! Two didn’t sell on ebay for the second time but there are so many out there I wasn’t surprized. Plus I had decided if one didn’t sell, to send it to an aunt that has been ill. I’m finishing off a twin to the other today so I’m sort of glad on the other one too. I think part of it is that most people think that only genesis paints work for these dolls. I’ll try it but I probably will keep using air dry too.