My 2nd scuplted reborn baby

My name is Bri and I’am a artist/sculptor of reborn dolls . I love sculpting reborn dolls even though I haven’t been doing it that long maybe about 4-5 weeks? . What do you think of this baby it was my 2nd baby I did. My dad thinks that this is my best scuplt so far ? What do you think ? Any advise for improvement would be greatly appreciated . Please note that as this is currently a polymer clay sculpt it has not been painted . I would love some feedback as I would love to become a full time reborn doll sculptor one day.
Thanks Bri

7 Likes

Love the little sucky lip!

I THINK YOU SHOULD PUSH THE EYES OUT SOME MORE.MAKE THE NOSE A LIL SMALLER.AND WORK ON THE TOP LIP.IF YOU EVER LOOK AT A SCULPT…THEY ALWAYS SAY WORK IN PROGRESS.THE LIP IS CUTE.BUT IF YOUR DOING REBORNS
Bring out that bottom lip.I THINK THIS IS GREAT WORK FOR A BEGINNER…I ALSO SUGGEST YOU JOIN GROUPS THAT HAVE SCULPTS AND PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEM FOR A LIVING…KEEP ON WORKING ON YOUR TRADE.IT ONLY GETS BETTER

2 Likes

We have an AMAZING sculptor here and she’s younger than you; her name is @izzy. She’s gotten some of her sculpts poured & manufactured and sold them!

My best advice is study, study, study. YouTube videos, online tutorials, etc. If you want it badly enough, you’ll get there. Best of luck to you!

4 Likes

Bri, you are a natural! Keep working at it.

Lol, looks way better than I can make! Just keep working on it. Like every other hobby, it takes time. Maybe we need a sculptors’ support group on here. In the meantime, work ! more details into the eye area too.

Thanks I dont really like this sculpt but my dad thinks its the best ive done . I know I need to work on the eyes haha @Ady @Mommy2six @Toutlaw @kareninflorida @lollipop_cradle @djjessie228

2 Likes

Practice is you best teacher. Practice, Practice, Practice, you will improve with time. This is not something that can be achieved overnight. I would suggest you watch some videos on sculpting characters or babies, I’m sure you can find them on You Tube. Keep going!!